Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #101
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Anyone here willing to share mobile skins when they release? I have no means of acquiring them
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #102
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Anyone here willing to share mobile skins when they release? I have no means of acquiring them
What do you mean?

Tomorrow is the day! For me at least... not sure if other parts of the world already got the game.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #103
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
What do you mean?

Tomorrow is the day! For me at least... not sure if other parts of the world already got the game.
If someone unlocks costumes on the mobile game that can be used in the console version, they can be given to anyone who signs into that account. When MKX came out a few people were nice enough to share their unlocks with multiple people who didn't have a means of getting them.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, youtube whor*s like Maximilian have been uploading vids since the weekend though.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #104
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Can you get the premier skins by unlocking them in game? The Ultimate Edition only has 3, plus at least Grid you can get through the mobile, so wondering how you get the others. If you can get them all through the game and grinding, I think I made the right choice by getting the base game only. That way I can just purchase the character packs I want and doubt it will still end up the cost of the Ultimate Edition in the long run, but will see how they are setting up the game purchases after. Either way, sucks we have to wait until the 19th in the UK, but can't wait to play!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #105
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Can you get the premier skins by unlocking them in game? The Ultimate Edition only has 3, plus at least Grid you can get through the mobile, so wondering how you get the others. If you can get them all through the game and grinding, I think I made the right choice by getting the base game only. That way I can just purchase the character packs I want and doubt it will still end up the cost of the Ultimate Edition in the long run, but will see how they are setting up the game purchases after. Either way, sucks we have to wait until the 19th in the UK, but can't wait to play!
So far Grid is the only mobile to console skin, the rest like Mr. Freeze, and Vixen can be obtained with the in game currency.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #106
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
If someone unlocks costumes on the mobile game that can be used in the console version, they can be given to anyone who signs into that account. When MKX came out a few people were nice enough to share their unlocks with multiple people who didn't have a means of getting them.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, youtube whor*s like Maximilian have been uploading vids since the weekend though.
Well if you are saying I can unlock them on the mobile for my console AND still give them to you somehow without messing up my game I totally will
Old 05-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #107
damienjakk

Never mind about sharing mobile skins, seems it's not linked to just an email anymore, but a verification code as well. Not sure if this can be circumvented like Injustice 1 and MKX, but from the looks of it I don't think so, oh well.

Tried the game out briefly this morning, from the short time I had with it I can safely say the controls are MUCH smoother than the first game. Not sure if they are smoother than MKX yet as I only tried Batman and didn't get into any characters that use NRS command grab motions. Those were a bit clunky in MKX when trying to buffer from normals, so I can't tell until I try out someone like Bane or Cheetah.

Gear seems to be locked from the start, so I couldn't test any unique specials yet.

For any Batman players, you'll feel right at home with him if you played him in part 1. Most strings, specials, etc. still work. His super is now a grab and can't be comboed full screen like before. Probably more subtle changes but I was able to pick him up in just a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJT7Ebsicw
Old 05-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #108
MrJones

Geeze you sound pretty elite. I normally don't get "good enough" to really get into the intricacies of buffers and gear and I don't even know what an NRS command is! You tutor? lol
Old 05-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #109
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Geeze you sound pretty elite. I normally don't get "good enough" to really get into the intricacies of buffers and gear and I don't even know what an NRS command is! You tutor? lol
I'm not elite by any means, I just enjoy dissecting the engines of fighting games I play.

The NRS command grab motion is D,B,F+button

It is possible to cancel reliably, but in the last games it was a bit strict, and combined with the awkward motion it takes a bit of getting used to. MKX in particular due to certain strings requiring you go to neutral before cancelling out of. I hope it's a tad more lenient in this game.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #110
MrJones

Do you compete online?