Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #1071
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
This is how I've been displaying both Harley and Joker since I got them. 0 issues in my detolf with no u-bolts. You should be fine.

If you don't want to live dangerously just take two shelving panels and stack them for the extra oomph.
Thanks for the pic, they look great! When you say shelving panels, what do you mean? Sorry for the potentially dumb question.
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #1072
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
Thanks for the pic, they look great! When you say shelving panels, what do you mean? Sorry for the potentially dumb question.
No problem. So in my picture, Joker and Harley are on one glass shelf that comes with the detolf. Notice how I have a bunch of wasted space above them because of Harley's height? This left me with an unused shelf. The pic I provide here shows you can double them up for extra thickness if you want.

There is nothing wrong with using u-bolts if you have the patience and a level. I don't have patience. I was going to do that but I wanted to try the normal way first. I've had Joker since release. No cracking, warping or bending of the shelf with them both displayed. I also don't have kids or animals so foot traffic is minimal.

On a sidenote. I purchased these last night on Lowes website. Here is the thread explaining why (second page) and the shopping link if you want to play with the height.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=114108

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Waxman-12-P...ers/1000373563
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3080.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	118102  
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:24 AM   #1073
SkiLLessOne

So got my Joker in tonight, had a chance to set him up and all in all I am extremely happy. The only lingering issue is he apparently doesnt sit 100% on the base. Both feet have a somewhat noticeable gap under each foot and wont sit entirely on the base. I tried taking everything off the base and putting it back together with the same result. I dont have any fear of it falling off or becoming too loose or anything but it kinda sucks to see it elevated ever so slightly.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:36 AM   #1074
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
So got my Joker in tonight, had a chance to set him up and all in all I am extremely happy. The only lingering issue is he apparently doesnt sit 100% on the base. Both feet have a somewhat noticeable gap under each foot and wont sit entirely on the base. I tried taking everything off the base and putting it back together with the same result. I dont have any fear of it falling off or becoming too loose or anything but it kinda sucks to see it elevated ever so slightly.
Sometimes peg holes are too tight or not deep enough. This can be remedied by gently drilling wider/deeper holes. I recommend a hand drill rather than an electric drill (more control).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:53 AM   #1075
SkiLLessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Sometimes peg holes are too tight or not deep enough. This can be remedied by gently drilling wider/deeper holes. I recommend a hand drill rather than an electric drill (more control).
Also just noticed that the right canister is not entirely flush either but the canister with the actual plug is entirely seated so not sure whats happening there.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:05 AM   #1076
SkiLLessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I took it apart again and got better results, still not 100% but I can live with it. The canister not sitting 100% is a bummer cause it makes it look a tad silly. Also noticed the smoke portion that came with mine has quite a few rough parts on it, almost white hairline scratches. Laughably one of the cards in the smoke was printed horribly, one is mostly white with the red colored portion being all the way towards one corner so it looks pretty bad. Luckily its hidden by his leg with how I have have situated.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:41 AM   #1077
SkiLLessOne

These are the 3 biggest issues on mine. I would say the Jokers feet not being 100% are lowest on the totem pole. The terrible print job on one of the cards is a bummer but I can get past it. The biggest issue to me is the pretty big gap on the gas canister. It has a noticeable lean when I have the statue on display and I have tried everything short of breaking it apart to get it to sit right. Not really sure what to do in this case. This is my first tweeterhead piece and while I love it I just dont really like feeling forced to deal with qc issues.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:01 AM   #1078
SkiLLessOne

So I was looking at every ones pics/vids on here and noticed that couple cards on mine are in different positions from everyone elses. I even compared this to the proto pics. The joker card that is the central focus in the pic below is meant to be horizontal and not vertical as it is in mine. I really feel like my whole gas canister piece along with the gas trail is just messed up. But I fear that since I bought it from Speculative Fiction I dont stand a chance on getting a replacement part.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #1079
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
So I was looking at every ones pics/vids on here and noticed that couple cards on mine are in different positions from everyone elses. I even compared this to the proto pics. The joker card that is the central focus in the pic below is meant to be horizontal and not vertical as it is in mine. I really feel like my whole gas canister piece along with the gas trail is just messed up. But I fear that since I bought it from Speculative Fiction I dont stand a chance on getting a replacement part.

Contact TJ at SpecFiction I'm sure he will work with you to resolve the issue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #1080
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Here are pictures of mine from your three trouble areas to compare. You can use them if you need to show the differences for a replacement. Like built said just contact Todd I'm sure he'll do right by you with this.

I dunno, that canister would be an automatic replace if I got it like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3083.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	118150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3084.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	118151   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3085.jpg
Views:	43