Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #21
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The latest trailer is definitely not turn based.

SE said back at E3 that a majority of their funding was going into this game......riiiiiiight.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
you already played the best ones anyway, 3 for the SNES is the pinnacle of the franchise.
what? seriously? so I haven't been missing anything?
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:44 PM   #23
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
what? seriously? so I haven't been missing anything?
I personally enjoyed playing the original ff 7 and 8. You can check out vids of gameplay on YouTube and see if it's something you would want to pick up.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #24
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
So it's gonna be released in "episodes" According to SE...." "The idea that a remake of Final Fantasy VII would not fit into a single release was there from the very beginning."

Hope FF7 fans don't have a problem with throwing money away.

Lol. It would not surprise me when it's going to be like in the picture you posted. Damn dlc these days...
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:24 PM   #25
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Glad you asked, but a few things are sure to trip this game up, if not sink it completely. I'm not saying it won't sell well, but once everything is said and done it's not going to be the second coming of Christ like everyone is making it out to be.

1. It will NEVER meet expectations. Fans are expecting gaming perfection when this hits due to the build up, waiting, theories. etc. A majority will be disappointed once the dust settles.

2. Remaking a classic defeats the purpose IMO. A classic is a classic for a reason. Just like movies, remakes are more often than not worse than the original, if not outright abominations that everyone wants to forget happened. With games this is slightly less the case, but at the end of the day fans of the original usually prefer, well, the original.

3. They've already stated they are changing major and minor story elements. I don't think I need to elaborate on that part.

Again just my opinion.
I bet the Nibelheim reactor incident is going to be based on Crisis Core, which IMO ruined the classic "true" version of the incident. Solely modified to make a FF7 back story game. Crisis Core really cheesed me off. Like everything, FF7 will be milked into ruin like so many other properties from our childhoods. I was really stoked with the announcement, but Square-Enix is the shattered remains of Squaresoft which birthed the true Final Fantasy games. We all know what Square-Enix has achieved with FF. Nothing. Buuuut I am an FF7 nut I'm am still going to play the crap outta this game lol! The graphics look awesome. Got a little giddy seeing Barret doing the Big Shot Limit and Cloud doing his Braver Limit.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #26
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yes this is a tough one for me. Like I said, 7 was one of my favs of all time, I have such fond memories of playing that game. I played 8 - 10 but they slowly got worse and worse and ... androgynous lol.. so I don't like pretty much any of those games now. And if they make FF7 into what is a "modern day" representation of it, I won't like it. But it just tugs at my nostalgia strings! Seeing a rendered Cloud vs Sephiroth with the one winged angel song playing and casting the knights of the round summon may just be worth the price of admission.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #27
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Ah episodes. As VII isn't a huge one to me (though still fun, VIII is my favorite) I'll likely just wait until they complete it and make it into the inevitable 1 game. As it was meant to be.

Do this with VIII however I'd probably jump to support the game so I at least know it'll be enticing enough for others.

I am completely expecting/hoping for a save Aerith DLC.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:10 AM   #28
jamepeytoni011
Kindly Asked To Leave

This game will be the biggest disappointment since the Phantom Menace.
jamepeytoni011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #29
Augen
Metal Men

I got this over the weekend and cannot stop playing it!

I was worried when it was announced and all the changes, but I am loving it! The world is so alive and characters feel real. Like falling in love all over again with Midgar. One of my top games of this generation.

Also, if Prime 1 or someone did statues from this...I couldn't pass on Tifa, or Aerith, and Jessie.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #30
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I wonder if all the people that said it was going to be trash still feel that way.

I finally finished it last night and will slowly and be terrible at beating it on the hardest difficulty while trying to platinum it.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote