Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #971
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Headsculpts look good
Left-hand (from our angle) lower central incisor doesn't look good on the right sagat (prototype afaik). If the one on the left is production I'm glad they fixed it. If it's not I think they need to fix it :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #972
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Left-hand (from our angle) lower central incisor doesn't look good on the right sagat (prototype afaik). If the one on the left is production I'm glad they fixed it. If it's not I think they need to fix it :|
Aren't the teeth on these usually separate acrylic or at least separate? Akuma and Ryu were I think.
Yeah if right is proto he looks a little gap toothed but either they fixed it or there's liable to be some variance.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #973
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Aren't the teeth on these usually separate acrylic or at least separate? Akuma and Ryu were I think.
Yeah if right is proto he looks a little gap toothed but either they fixed it or there's liable to be some variance.
One of the two is definitely the prototype, ant was actually talking about it on the fb group so it's not just second hand knowledge being passed he'd be the one to know. Don't have the messages in front of me to check but I believe he was saying the right the prototype but I'd have to double check.

I remember Akuma was supposed to have acrylic teeth and I think he does? Whatever the case the teeth look damn good. Unsure on Ryu, the only one showing teeth for him is the Evil one so dunno... Again they look damn good. I don't remember talk about acrylic teeth on this one but maybe. Flash has done it's thing and really washed out the colors on this pic so tough to say for certain but they don't look acrylic to me.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #974
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah they do look more heavily painted.
I always figured acrylic teeth like on the Akuma Bust were more for ease with production than trying to offer a premium product.

A lot of SF fighters/PCS subjects are pissed and showing teeth so making them as part of the head cast could result in a lot of waste for heads with messed up teeth and at larger scaled statues collectors would balk and make returns. So if they are already doing separate castings for teeth/mouths it may be economic to do acrylic.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #975
mrboomshock
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I do not like the changes they made to the face sculpt. Everything they changed is of lower quality than the prototype. The eye patch strap is wider, the sculpt on the teeth/ gums has been modified (teeth are too uniform, no gums now), and the overall mouth shape is different. You could even argue that they changed the nose. I would never display this portrait if this is what the final product looks like. It looks cheap.
well Ant actually responded to the concern over the thick eye patch strap and stated that the production pieces will have a thinner strap as seen in this pic.

*Pic of supposed production head sculpt below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75462430_774233149706098_6791468340184350720_n.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	127045  
mrboomshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #976
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Has there been any updates on this one? Sideshow site shows it could start shipping as early in 3 months and I contacted PCS and they said Sagat was 'on time', but its been very light in terms of updates. Anyone else getting antsy?
So what you think?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:28 PM   #977
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboomshock View Post
well Ant actually responded to the concern over the thick eye patch strap and stated that the production pieces will have a thinner strap as seen in this pic.

Unsure if that's actually the production headsculpt or the prototype head with the new patch. Ant mentions (in regards to the earlier photos) "the one with the patch is the prototype".

And that head he is showing right there is the one with the patch. You can tell from the paint and teeth, particularly that incisor that is messed up, the paint on the teeth, paint on the bridge of the nose and paint on the eyes.

So I can't say with 100% certainty but I believe he just switched the eyepatch on the prototype to show it and not on the production head.

In regards to the laughing portrait lee (fb admin, not an employee afaik but still knows more) said "doesn’t look like it". Pretty good chance that it's not happening then :|
Old 11-19-2019, 10:58 PM   #978
SkyWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboomshock View Post

Thanks for the update. I will wait to see it in-hand before final judgement. As of right now, the prototype portrait is better to me. The changes they made to the mouth and teeth lowered the quality of the piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	75462430_774233149706098_6791468340184350720_n.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	127046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2019-11-19 at 11.30.02 AM.png
Views:	43
Size:	926.4 KB
ID:	127047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2019-11-19 at 11.33.10 AM.png
Views:	31
Size:	759.9 KB
ID:	127048  
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:44 AM   #979
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

So was the laughing head one of those last minute throw you a bone Jerry thing or was it supposed to be part of the statue? If it was Jerry just saying it on this forum as a bonus honestly I don’t blame PCS for not doing it.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:31 AM   #980
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Thanks for the update. I will wait to see it in-hand before final judgement. As of right now, the prototype portrait is better to me. The changes they made to the mouth and teeth lowered the quality of the piece.
I can't believe anyone is surprised with any of this...

This company continues to deceive the community and customers.

It has been 2 years some of us have been waiting for thousands of dollars in refunds for preorders, prepays and in my case product returned to PCS. Which more than likely has been resold on eBay or through SSC...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote