Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #321
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This one is another winner. Mine looks to be flawless.

I also like that there were a couple of pics demonstrating how to insert the head. As someone who has recently struggled with putting together a $1000 statue-puzzle that would have greatly benefited from some warnings for some of the less-obvious and possibly damaging parts of the assembly, having something like that in the box and in an obvious place where it can't be missed is much appreciated.

I liked the lightness of the cape. I wonder if the Superman re-do will have a similar key for the cape - it worked great.

The biggest surprise is seeing that low ES on the bottom of the base. What was it? 140? I forget the exact number, but it was something like that.

The tops of my bookshelves are going to be devoted to the TH Super Powers line (I have the same setup on the opposite side of the room with some of the golden age TH Batman villains). I'm sure I'll re-arrange them as more arrive.

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #322
nearmint
Phoenix

Looks great!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 PM   #323
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

I also like that there were a couple of pics demonstrating how to insert the head. As someone who has recently struggled with putting together a $1000 statue-puzzle that would have greatly benefited from some warnings for some of the less-obvious and possibly damaging parts of the assembly, having something like that in the box and in an obvious place where it can't be missed is much appreciated.

I liked the lightness of the cape. I wonder if the Superman re-do will have a similar key for the cape - it worked great.

The biggest surprise is seeing that low ES on the bottom of the base. What was it? 140? I forget the exact number, but it was something like that.

The tops of my bookshelves are going to be devoted to the TH Super Powers line (I have the same setup on the opposite side of the room with some of the golden age TH Batman villains). I'm sure I'll re-arrange them as more arrive.

Nice setup! It's great seeing them all together!
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:02 AM   #324
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

hey Brandon, what is that shelving?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:11 AM   #325
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:

Congrats! That setup looks fantastic. Do you have a thread showing more of your room/display? Being a collector of OHCs and Omnibus I'm interested to see your setup.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #326
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

They look beautiful together!!!
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #327
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
hey Brandon, what is that shelving?
Those are all Ikea Billy bookshelves. They sell them wider, but the lack of support in the middle for the wider shelves causes bowing with these books (even normal trades will result in bowing eventually). So far, the more narrow Billy bookshelves has worked out ok.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/p...xoCpfoQAvD_BwE
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #328
=N=
The Spirit

Quote:
Those are all Ikea Billy bookshelves. They sell them wider, but the lack of support in the middle for the wider shelves causes bowing with these books (even normal trades will result in bowing eventually). So far, the more narrow Billy bookshelves has worked out ok.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/p...xoCpfoQAvD_BwE
BILLY / OXBERG
with all glass aluminum framed doors ,.....its in a state of changes, the other side is un-lit cause I don't have the league in its entirety so i have it filled with DC Bombshells, my phone cam blows but ehh you get the idea ;} Im going to sculpt little stands for the EX stuff.
Nice Omnibus collection BtW!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_210240_HDR.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	123587  
=N= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:59 PM   #329
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I absolutely love this statue. This piece is the reason I dove into this line. Unbelievable job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MM1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	123589   Click image for larger version

Name:	MM2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	123590   Click image for larger version

Name:	MM3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	123591  
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #330
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Finally got around to taking some pics of mine. Absolutely flawless.

W/Ex head

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote