Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

If Dune flops I'll be so bummed not to get part 2. For me that is an event film that deserves to be seen on biggest screen possible.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #12
off
The X-Men

The general movie going experience is a nightmare. People just make it so miserable, coming in late, talking, playing on their cell phone. The prices for snacks are outrageous.

That being said, before the pandemic, I was exclusively going to Alamo Drafthouse. Dinner, drinks during the movie and they actively kick out people being obnoxious. They are the only chain I care about anymore. The others can either change with the times or go under.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:51 PM   #13
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
The general movie going experience is a nightmare. People just make it so miserable, coming in late, talking, playing on their cell phone. The prices for snacks are outrageous.

That being said, before the pandemic, I was exclusively going to Alamo Drafthouse. Dinner, drinks during the movie and they actively kick out people being obnoxious. They are the only chain I care about anymore. The others can either change with the times or go under.
I really miss Alamo Draft House. Nothing like that where I live now.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #14
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:

Agreed, I only was going to the theater for the event films. However I just bought a 4k tv and I'm getting a sound system soon, so at that point my resolution and sound will be better than most theaters.

Theaters will need to offer something we can't do for ourselves, 4DX seems like the next step.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:28 PM   #15
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Agreed, I only was going to the theater for the event films. However I just bought a 4k tv and I'm getting a sound system soon, so at that point my resolution and sound will be better than most theaters.

Theaters will need to offer something we can't do for ourselves, 4DX seems like the next step.
They need to go the Alamo Drafthouse way and provide an actual experience, having a hot meal in leather recliners with alcohol is simply awesome. They also show old movies and have special showings. I cannot rave about them enough.

The local Cinemark is renting out theaters for a hundred bucks, there is specific list of movies to choose from but the new ones are 150 bucks. I rented it for my wife and we watched Hocus Pocus. Fantastic experience, knowing no one was coming in to ruin it was well worth the money.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #16
off
The X-Men

I am also upgrading my sound system for 2021.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #17
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
They need to go the Alamo Drafthouse way and provide an actual experience, having a hot meal in leather recliners with alcohol is simply awesome. They also show old movies and have special showings. I cannot rave about them enough.

The local Cinemark is renting out theaters for a hundred bucks, there is specific list of movies to choose from but the new ones are 150 bucks. I rented it for my wife and we watched Hocus Pocus. Fantastic experience, knowing no one was coming in to ruin it was well worth the money.
was just at my local Alamo last week. They are doing a good job on managing to the epidemic, not sure how they are making money but I hope they survive all this. I have to drive an hour after I moved to get to the Alamo and it is still worth it. Best movie experience ever.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #18
Mister H
Gen 13

There's an Alamo Drafthouse in KC. I'll need to check it out.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:15 PM   #19
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Nearest to me is either KC or Dallas. 4 hour drive for a movie is a bit much. LOL I wish they had one here in Tulsa. When I lived in Austin I had many to choose from.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote