Hidden Warrior

I feel depressed what can I do

Anybody could give me a better idea?
Sleeping Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Join in this thread. Misery loves company.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ight=depressed
Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
Sleeping Forest
Hidden Warrior

I feel unable to change the situation. I will not be poor to the level of dead. I just feel everything lost control. I need to handle the same small event everyday. I just want to settle down. I am worry the future.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Sleeping Forest
Hidden Warrior

If everything keep like this, it is so hopeless.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Get some professional help. I take meds, which help me from hitting rock bottom. In the meantime, this video makes me feel better and even smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I'm not ashamed nor embarrassed by saying I'm depressed too. I've relapse and getting professional help to aid me through this turbulence in my life once again.

Stay positive and know there's a light at the end for you buddy!!
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I also suffer from depression and anxiety. Get help dude. Just like any other sickness you need medicine. Nothing to be ashamed of.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
Sithlord32
New Republic

Remeber there is someone else who always has it worse than you do. Suck it up and make the best of what you have and do what you can for yourself cause no one else will do it for you.

I do understand sometimes the case is a chemical imbalance in people and they need meds. I take meds everyday too for my seizures but more often than not it seems to me IMO that so many people feel the world or others owe them something but wont make THE EFFORT FOR THEMSELVES to make them selves happy or change what is allying them.

In the later of the two id just as soon through them in the lions pit n get some popcorn than give them the time of day. My $.02
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Family and support always help. Hope you get better.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #10
johnclone
The Enchantress

It's a very serious thing that you are asking Sleeping Forest, and I do hope that you seek some medical help if you think you are really depressed, losing weight and appetite, not sleeping, feeling sad, not yourself.

Here are a few things you might consider,

Of course, it is nice to get outside and go somewhere with a friend, or just go somewhere by yourself that you feel is nice to visit.

I'd encourage you to talk to a spouse, friend or relative, or maybe try to meet someone new but don't be discouraged if things don't work out. Go for a drive, a ride, a jog, a walk, etc. Anything that is outdoors if it is a nice sunny day, warm or cold doesn't matter. If you haven't tried it, lifting light weights every other day or so can be very uplifting and really help your mood. Gradually increase the weight if you find it is too light. Any sport you desire to play is encouraged, exercise can really help to feel positive and productive.

As far as some things for doing alone are music, art, an occasional video game, and all kinds of videos. We live in a very consumer oriented world where the largest crap always seems to me to rise to the top, but the joy in deciding for yourself what you like, and don't like, should be very special and it doesn't matter if nobody you know likes something that you do. Do you have any music that really speaks to you, or art, a movie, or whatever you find some real interest in that gives you a better understanding of yourself when you spend time doing it. I recall you mentioned you enjoy Anime. I guess that means you have seen Voltron (original) or the classic Star Blazers, or Inuyasha? And that is just a tiny bit of the great anime available today, there's so much. A lot can be had on youtube for free, so no worry about expense of buying them. Even if you don't have a lot of free time, music while you work at a job can be really enjoyable and take stress off of you and make time go by more enjoyably. Find what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy anything, try to ask others what they might recommend. Try all sorts of things. See if you enjoy any of them. Try some new foods that you haven't had before.

I would encourage you to write down your feelings in a journal. This is not to show others, it is just for you to write in. You probably won't realize this unless you try it, but writing down your feelings and things that are on your mind can be a big help in getting over fears and doubts, dealing with stresses, and overcoming problems that may arise, as well as making plans for the future.

Finally, try to stay positive about things. This may be hard to do. Focus on what you can do to make your life better, solve problems that are worrying you. Budget money better. Smile more. Laugh. Talk to family members. See what they think you can do to help them.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote