Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
Sleeping Forest
Hidden Warrior

ebay global shipping program got totally failure !!

eBay Global shipping program is to let US local seller first to ship to a location in US. And re-ship it to oversea by fedex.

The original purpose is to keep seller / buyer pay less shipping fee and keep it safe.
But my personal experience is it totally failure.

I have bought 12 items from ebay. 3 was using ebay global shipping program. One got loss. One was missing. The failure rate is up to 66% !!!!! Do you believe that?

You need to pay USD 30 to ship a paper (trading card) but still slow. Average shipping time from US to Asia is 2 week. More important is if you got loss, no one is responsible for that. Because whatever it is, the seller did everything is based on ebay rule and policy. The shipping company only refund to the shipper. (surely seller will not diretly ask a claim) ebay claim he is only a middle man. If so, why don't use USPS first class, it is cheap !
Moreover, some seller using it as a excause to let buyer pay more shipping fee !

The key point is everything go through ebay global shipping program. The goods need to be checked and re-sealed. Then it has 4 result: 1. it offense the privacy. 2. It will make the goods damaged, loss or unsealed. It is dangerous. 3. Slow down the shipping speed. 4. If not sealing it right, it got loss or damaged, no one responsible for that.

I told this event to ebay customer service superviser. Do you believe that? The superviser seemed is a nice guy, he instructed me to report that to FBI !

It is totally unreasonal, unfair and unjustice !

Do you have same kind experience as me?
Sleeping Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Whenever I see the global shipper option on a sale, I move on. What a total rip off. I ship statues to the US a number of times a year at less than a 1/4 of what these scam artists are charging.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's a scam that allows eBay to become a pseudo customs agent and take a cut of upfront import charges that most buyers would not normally have to pay, and sellers cannot even see.

Amazon US are also doing something similar now for int'l buyers.

Avoid!
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just a few weeks ago, there was on on eBay. I didn't realize once the bid got higher, the price got too. Luckily the seller opt out of it and charged me a reasonable shipping rate.

This global thing reminds me of UPS when it's international shipping. A complete bogus scam to get more money.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
ReplicantSavior

I looked at the eBay Global Program terms and decided not to use it. But since eBay and Paypal require confirmed delivery of International packages I guess I can't sell to people overseas anymore. eBay is already buyer weighted. All an International customer has to do is say that they didn't get the package with normal shipping. Without any proof on the sellers part, eBay will just return the money even if the buyer is lying.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 AM   #6
Seanrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I looked at the eBay Global Program terms and decided not to use it. But since eBay and Paypal require confirmed delivery of International packages I guess I can't sell to people overseas anymore. eBay is already buyer weighted. All an International customer has to do is say that they didn't get the package with normal shipping. Without any proof on the sellers part, eBay will just return the money even if the buyer is lying.
You can sell as normal to overseas buyers outside of the Global Program just using the regular post office Airmail services - just make sure that the delivery has to be signed for.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Wow, what a complete 180 of my experience. I've received probably more than 10 items through the ebay global shipping program. I absolutely love it cause I receive my items much faster , better tracking, and so far I've had no problems and no damage to it whatsoever. I've received premium format sized statues and only had to pay $50+to $80+ for shipping to Melbourne, Australia. In fact without that option I probably can't afford most of the statues that I want.
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #8
Seanrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak_Zombie View Post
Wow, what a complete 180 of my experience. I've received probably more than 10 items through the ebay global shipping program. I absolutely love it cause I receive my items much faster , better tracking, and so far I've had no problems and no damage to it whatsoever. I've received premium format sized statues and only had to pay $50+to $80+ for shipping to Melbourne, Australia. In fact without that option I probably can't afford most of the statues that I want.
The problem isn't with the shipping, it's with the upfront import duty charges that you have to pay with the Global Shipping Program.

It is destination specific, but in regards to Japan I rarely get charged import duty on anything I buy from the US (using regular USPS shipping), but with the Global Shipping Program I have to pay it, all the time, before the item has even left the US.

The seller cannot see these extra fees, only the buyer can, so sellers have no idea what the fuss is about.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #9
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrm View Post
The problem isn't with the shipping, it's with the upfront import duty charges that you have to pay with the Global Shipping Program.

It is destination specific, but in regards to Japan I rarely get charged import duty on anything I buy from the US (using regular USPS shipping), but with the Global Shipping Program I have to pay it, all the time, before the item has even left the US.

The seller cannot see these extra fees, only the buyer can, so sellers have no idea what the fuss is about.
That is true about the seller. I contacted eBay and they said I needed to contact the seller of the global shipping could be removed. I asked the seller and she had no idea she even listed the auction with global shipping. She couldn't even bill me so we did the transaction straight via PayPal.

The whole global thing is just money grabbing thing when USPS already offers tracking #. Ebay should get rid of this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
Seanrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That is true about the seller. I contacted eBay and they said I needed to contact the seller of the global shipping could be removed. I asked the seller and she had no idea she even listed the auction with global shipping. She couldn't even bill me so we did the transaction straight via PayPal.

The whole global thing is just money grabbing thing when USPS already offers tracking #. Ebay should get rid of this.
I think eBay takes a cut - that's why they've been pushing it.