Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Considering he changes into his superhuman form via magical lightning, I'd give the advantage to Thor.

If he possesses the Odinforce, then even more so the advantage goes to Thor.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...lack+adam+thor
Agree.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Thor controls normal lightning, nothing has ever been said about Thor's weather powers being able to control or stop magical lightning ... and somehow, I don't think that Adam is going to go into the battle as his alter ego anyway.

The hammer has to make contact in order to work, Adam is fast enough (and smart enough) to avoid it.

Plus you have the powers of 6 Gods against 1.

Match goes to Adam!
The way you describe Black Adam you'd think that Superman has no chance against him. Yet Supes IMO can beat Adam. So shall conclude that Superman has the powers of 6 or 7 gods? You think that Thor has only 1 power in which to fight Adam with but Thor already possesses most of the attributes that Adam uses. Some of Thor's powers exceed Adam's powers because Adam's powers are borrowed from a god and I doubt he has the full measure of that god's power. I other words could Adam defeat the god who powers him in a particular area. (ie: could he beat Heru in a race?) Thor's powers aren't borrowed, they are his and he has better control over lightening as a weapon. Adam is in for the fight of his life.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

i'm not an expert on SHAZAMology but i don't think the powers are "borrowed" from their namesake, he just has the strength, speed and so on of them. i believe the only time one of the Marvel familys powers are split is when they share it with another person
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Adam held his own again almost the whole DC universe without resting they didn't even beat him he is the world most wanted human beside if you take the hammer away from Thor he is helpless even with the hammer Adam will be victorious

All Hail The Mighty Black Adam
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
Teague
Iron Man

Thor.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
Adam held his own again almost the whole DC universe without resting they didn't even beat him he is the world most wanted human beside if you take the hammer away from Thor he is helpless even with the hammer Adam will be victorious

All Hail The Mighty Black Adam
I think you using a bit of hyperbole in saying that BA fought the "whole" DC universe. Amazing that he didn't face the ones that could really put him down but also remember that they were trying to contain him not kill him. Most of DC teams consist of a few powerhouses and the rest are street or meta so BA could easily wade thru them. Marvel has the same setup and Hulk could easily wade thru most teams without much sweat as well.

Your comment about Thor being "helpless without his hammer is also not accurate. His still has strenght and storm powers. The hammer is a major weapon for Thor but it is an extention of his powers and he can still fight without it. I can't say the same for BA because all of his powers are "borrowed" and without them he's just another mortal. You can't fight a real god with a psuedo god.

The thing about BA being such a bada$$ why is he on the run? He should just stay a fight everyone if he thinks he is in the right and can kick anyone's a$$ who tries to bring him in?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i'm not an expert on SHAZAMology but i don't think the powers are "borrowed" from their namesake, he just has the strength, speed and so on of them. i believe the only time one of the Marvel familys powers are split is when they share it with another person
So where are the powers coming from if they are not borrowed? The Marvel are getting them from somewhere. Either the Wizard or the gods are bequeathing their powers to them. The Marvel including Adam are using borrowed power.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
The thing about BA being such a bada$$ why is he on the run? He should just stay a fight everyone if he thinks he is in the right and can kick anyone's a$$ who tries to bring him in?
Because right now, he's distraught over the death and (apparently to him) failed resurrection attempt of his Wife Isis ... he's tired of fighting only to have everything he loves destroyed.

And Black Adams powers are bequeathed to him on demand he doesn't need to ask permission to "borrow them" they're his to access whenever he chooses. It took the entire DC universe to bring him down because he was in such a state of uncontrolled fury.

We've never really known the full extent of Superman's powers, because unlike Adam, Superman holds back ... he's never really let himself cut loose for fear of killing someone accidentally, something that Adam has no complications with. Could Superman beat Adam, theoretically yes, but if you factor in the characters personas, Adam is way more ruthless than Clark could ever hope to be.

Adams powers were shared only once with Osiris (Isis' brother) until he was murdered, at which time Orisis's powers were returned to Adam ... Marvels powers were split 3 ways when Mary or Cap Jr. would transform.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #19
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Because right now, he's distraught over the death and (apparently to him) failed resurrection attempt of his Wife Isis ... he's tired of fighting only to have everything he loves destroyed.

And Black Adams powers are bequeathed to him on demand he doesn't need to ask permission to "borrow them" they're his to access whenever he chooses. It took the entire DC universe to bring him down because he was in such a state of uncontrolled fury.

We've never really known the full extent of Superman's powers, because unlike Adam, Superman holds back ... he's never really let himself cut loose for fear of killing someone accidentally, something that Adam has no complications with. Could Superman beat Adam, theoretically yes, but if you factor in the characters personas, Adam is way more ruthless than Clark could ever hope to be.

Adams powers were shared only once with Osiris (Isis' brother) until he was murdered, at which time Orisis's powers were returned to Adam ... Marvels powers were split 3 ways when Mary or Cap Jr. would transform.
I know about BA powers and whether or not he shares. The bottom line is that his powers are not his and the gods can pull them at any time.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
I know about BA powers and whether or not he shares. The bottom line is that his powers are not his and the gods can pull them at any time.
and when has this ever happened or been hinted at being possible to happen? Billy was able to change his magic word, but that was it. his powers aren't able to just be pulled on a whim, and even if they were Thor sure as hell isn't able to do the pulling
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote