Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: Another Avengers Relaunch?
Yep, yet another relaunch! 8 88.89%
No, they'll keep it going.....ONE Marvel book has to hit #50! 0 0%
I gave up on The Avengers long ago! 1 11.11%
The movie will make all the difference! 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #21
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Havok doesn't appear in any of Hickman's Avengers books so how is that lack of continuity his fault?

And I think it's quite obvious that the entire Uncanny Avengers Planet X story where Havok and Wasp began their relationship, takes place after the current issues of X-Factor because Havok's face was burned immediately after the current timeline was reset in Uncanny while Havok's burned face has yet to show up in X-Factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
The only continuity problem I found was in an issue of Uncanny Avengers after Planet X which showed old man Steve Rogers alongside Thor with Mjolnir strapped to his side. Thor lost Mjolnir during Original Sin before Captain America aged so that's an error on the artist.

And Wolverine losing his healing power also apparently takes place after Planet X which seems like a big time discrepancy (didn't he lose that power over a year ago?). Anyway, again, these have to do with Uncanny Avengers being out of sync with the rest of the Marvel universe and not Hickman.
I agree......I didn't clarify that well enough.....this is a larger problem that affects all of Marvel. I hate to say it, but in "the old days", everyone would have known what was going on in each other's books....now, no one seems to care. it's all a very "I'm in it for ME only!" vibe. On the flip side, as the writer of the main Avengers book, I do think it is up to Hickman to have a broader view of what's going on around him.
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #22
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Having said all of this, I really think this story will read so much better when it's all said and done, rather than in monthly drips and drabs.
I think this is the way you should read Hickman's story, all at once in one big read.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #23
Fannymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Uncanny Avengers was lagging behind everything else in terms of continuity until recently. The whole Apocalypse Twins/Planet X story was too continuous to allow Remender to catch up before now.

Thor has been a recurring continuity problem, though. He's been showing up in a lot of post-Original Sin books still carrying Mjolnir. Obviously not all the writers are on the same page, which is the fault of editorial for not keeping better track of the various books and how they all fit together. It's not like Thor showing up out of turn is a story-breaking mistake, but it is annoying how often stuff like this slips through the cracks these days.
I agree......as I stated, in "the old days", both Marvel and DC used to have one or two getaway weekends a year, where they would plan what was happening with the whole X family, the entire Avengers line, etc. That allowed for much greater continuity and a more streamlined feel to the books. That's just not the case nowadays......"continuity" has become a bad word, if not the WORST word!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #24
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I agree......as I stated, in "the old days", both Marvel and DC used to have one or two getaway weekends a year, where they would plan what was happening with the whole X family, the entire Avengers line, etc. That allowed for much greater continuity and a more streamlined feel to the books. That's just not the case nowadays......"continuity" has become a bad word, if not the WORST word!
I think they still do those summits once or twice a year. I hear the writers mention them in interviews, as a matter of fact they mentioned how Hickman had pitched his new Secret Wars at a summit before he was even doing Avengers.

I think one of the problems or differences from "the old days" is that the writers are based all over the place now, whereas I think most of them used to work out of the NYC offices before. It's been this way for a while, but I think that's why there were less continuity errors back in the day.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #25
Fannymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I think they still do those summits once or twice a year. I hear the writers mention them in interviews, as a matter of fact they mentioned how Hickman had pitched his new Secret Wars at a summit before he was even doing Avengers.

I think one of the problems or differences from "the old days" is that the writers are based all over the place now, whereas I think most of them used to work out of the NYC offices before. It's been this way for a while, but I think that's why there were less continuity errors back in the day.
VERY good point!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #26
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I finally gave up on all 3 of Hickman's Avengers titles. I just have a hard time following it all. It just seems to be so large in scale, with so many moving pieces and parts, and it just seems to drag on.

On a side note, a Secret Wars with Hickman at the helm, can he tell a complete story in 12 issues or less? Assuming it is limited series.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #27
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Captain Britain eventually joins the Illuminati--nice. He was the butt of many jokes in Secret Avengers. Good to see he became a major player.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote