Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #51
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Why do people think the cancellation of the comic is in response to FOX? Marvel are not cancelling Xmen or are they? I would assume its down to poor sales. Giving the comic a break for a year or so cannot do the team any harm.
I think that because of articles I've read like this one:

http://screenrant.com/fantastic-four...rs-fox-marvel/

As well as actual comments from Marvel staff which basically say as much in this article:

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/11/5974743...ardians-future

FF is a flagship title but has never been one of Marvel's top sellers, yet it's never truly been cancelled, why now?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #52
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Just seems strange as it will have no effect on the Fox MCU but they will be sacrificing about 250,000 in comic sales. I wonder how much it costs to release a book between artists, writers, printers and publishers.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #53
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Just seems strange as it will have no effect on the Fox MCU but they will be sacrificing about 250,000 in comic sales. I wonder how much it costs to release a book between artists, writers, printers and publishers.
It's probably two fold in that they don't want to help promote Fox's film, but they also want to build up interest in the comic by taking it away and just having them guest-star here and there. After a while people will begin asking about them having there own book again.. and voila... new #1!!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #54
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Why do people think the cancellation of the comic is in response to FOX? Marvel are not cancelling Xmen or are they? I would assume its down to poor sales. Giving the comic a break for a year or so cannot do the team any harm.
Marvel will probably never give an official reason for the cancellation, but sites like Bleeding Cool and Comic Book Resources have corroborated the rumor that Marvel's failed negotiations with Fox were a motivating factor. There's plenty of evidence that Marvel is preventing licensees from using the FF characters for collectibles, T-shirts, trading cards, etc.

But obviously the Fox dispute is not the only factor when it comes to this cancellation. Like you said, the X-Men comics aren't being canceled. They still make money for Marvel, whereas the FF comics haven't sold that well in recent years. Robinson even said at NYCC over the weekend that people weren't buying his FF book. Hopefully Marvel will take the opportunity to spruce up the characters individually and relaunch down the road rather than just leaving the franchise to gather dust.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #55
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ike Perlmuter (Marvel CEO) has gone public with his anger over Fox's not returning FF rights to Marvel and that they will not support the film with comic tie ins. I do think this is a acid issue.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #56
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It's a pity there isn't a similar time limit on Silver Surfer and Galactus like the rest of the FF team.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote