Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-26-2017, 03:49 AM   #461
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
So everyone probably has seen the photo with some XM guys standing by the Hulkbuster showing it's immense size. Through all the pics, I can't get a very good feeling for how big Prime is. I know he's fairly large, but does anyone have a photo that helps with scale?
I think I missed the photo with people standing by Hulkbuster for a sense of scale, where did you see that?
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #462
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I think I missed the photo with people standing by Hulkbuster for a sense of scale, where did you see that?
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=160216&page=5
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #463
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Well, allow the XM super fan to help in that regard.

I hope this gives a slightly better indication. He is huge...no doubt about that....but not obnoxiously huge like the Hulkbuster statue.

I'd say about 27 - 28 inches. With gun pointing upward about 36 - 40 inches. These are guestimations.

Isn't a guestimation simply an estimation?
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #464
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I missed that pic, but thank you.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #465
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I thought an estimation was a close proximity of. A guestimation is a wild guess that is trying to be close.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #466
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Also makes me think toys were higher quality back then but probably not! Just more robust maybe.
Well everything was higher quality back then. With good reason, materials and labour were much cheaper.

So for this, I'm going to say it, the Truck mode needs a matching base otherwise it will just look stupid sitting next to this. I understand their intentions and I appreciate it, heck I'd even like to display it. However without a base or something to tie it into the statue it will just look odd and not used.

Maybe I could have a separate section with just the vehicles but then, that kind of defeats the purpose?

Also, I don't like the matrix in the chest. Again, I understand their intentions, however it has never been visible through the windows and nor should it be. Its the Autobots most valuable artifact and as such is hidden behind armour plating, not pieces of glass. If there was a switch out torso that had the chest opened up to reveal the matrix (like the below pic) then fine but as it is it's a no go.

KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #467
slynger
Hellboy

I can't see myself displaying this with the truck, he's transformed and people know what Prime turns into. I understand what they are trying to do with the Matrix. I'm just hoping they find a way to offer collectors that second left arm where it shows the hologram. That's a display I could really see going well.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #468
Joel
The Herculoids

I agree with Kelpie and slinger on a couple of points:

Love the truck idea, but I just can't see myself doing anything other than leaving it in the box. Unfortunate but true. Hey I could be wrong once I see it, but I doubt that.

The matrix in the chest, I agree. The idea is good but it needs a switch out style option that shows the Maxtrix exposed from within a protected area.

As for the left arm, the pose has been the biggest gripe people have brought up since we found out the hologram arm was not going to be included. Personally straight off the bat in my mind I wanted to display him with the holo and looking at it. Was such a kick a$$ pose! And so disappointed it was changed. I think if they displayed it that way at TCC the feedback would have been much stronger.

I will love this peice but there are a couple of points that could make it not just an amazing statue of OP but THE perfect statue of OP.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #469
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Well everything was higher quality back then. With good reason, materials and labour were much cheaper.

So for this, I'm going to say it, the Truck mode needs a matching base otherwise it will just look stupid sitting next to this. I understand their intentions and I appreciate it, heck I'd even like to display it. However without a base or something to tie it into the statue it will just look odd and not used.

Maybe I could have a separate section with just the vehicles but then, that kind of defeats the purpose?

Also, I don't like the matrix in the chest. Again, I understand their intentions, however it has never been visible through the windows and nor should it be. Its the Autobots most valuable artifact and as such is hidden behind armour plating, not pieces of glass. If there was a switch out torso that had the chest opened up to reveal the matrix (like the below pic) then fine but as it is it's a no go.

The chest of Optimus Prime is openable...meaning you can remove the matrix at any time and keep the chest empty

For that reason, it still makes sense for the arm holding the matrix to be an extra as well. I don't mind the matrix in the chest because it doesn't have to be turned on.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #470
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The chest of Optimus Prime is openable...meaning you can remove the matrix at any time and keep the chest empty

For that reason, it still makes sense for the arm holding the matrix to be an extra as well. I don't mind the matrix in the chest because it doesn't have to be turned on.
Good to know. A big plus as far as I'm concerned.