Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

State of the X-men

So I guess this question might be ignorant in a way because I don't read any of the Marvel Now books, but do you think that eventually the X-Men will go away like how the fantastic 4 has?
I mean if you look at the Singer movies, they tend to have a huge following and make enough money to keep him creating a new movie every few years. Also, consider that the new Wolverine movie might be ok this time ( God lets hope they let the director be a director) keeping the mutant license still under wraps by fox.
All movies aside, I noticed that on some of the Marvel merch some of the X-men are completely removed from the reprints of certain things ( Original Secret wars cover anyone?)
What do you all think?
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I mean, they currently have 5 titles, plus Deadpool. Are major players in the next big event, and have 5-6 new titles launching out of that next year.

And BC are reporting that the licensing blocade may be over;
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/...nses-for-2017/

So, nah. Theyll stick around.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

As was already stated, a major relaunch is planned for spring 2017 with blue and gold titles being the main books so unlike the Fantastic Four, the X-Men aren't going anywhere.

In my 35+ years of reading X-Men books, this current group ranks at the very bottom so next year's relaunch may finally be my jumping off point.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

what i really want is wolverine to be back, not old man logan - logan in his prime total bad ass wolverine. id also like to see him and slim working together on the same team again. xmen is what got me into comics back in 94, the current state of xmen is really depressing
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #5
XSE
Nightwing

I have been buying X-Men books for the last 25 years and have a complete run of the original 1963 X-Men title, not to mention full runs on X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, Gen X, Excalibur, X-Men ('91), and about everything in between, to say I'm a fan seems an understatement, and I can tell you the current state of the X-men books is the worst it's ever been. They are all terrible. I've been hoping for some glimmer of hope but have only been disappointed. The relaunch doesn't really have me excited at all. I may give the main books a go, but this may be the end for me. None of the solo titles hold any appeal to me. A very sad time to be an X-fan. Send the originals back in time, bring back Cyke, Wolverine, Prof. X, and most importantly JEAN!
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
what i really want is wolverine to be back, not old man logan - logan in his prime total bad ass wolverine. id also like to see him and slim working together on the same team again. xmen is what got me into comics back in 94, the current state of xmen is really depressing
You can have young Wolvie back...just don't cancel OML. Lemire is delivering great stuff right now
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thanks for the information all. I don't really miss allot of the characters anymore except for Storm and of course Wolverine. But I can always just re-read old stories from Claremont and A few other writers. I actually want to try out more of the old Wolverine solo stuff since I got ahold of the brown costume PF.

I didn't mind them going back in time during age of Ultron and Yanking the Young X-Men to play story time with. But after like 5 issues it turned into some liberal propaganda piece that I just didn't give a crap about reading.
However, I will check out the new OML stuff because Lemire has done some great work in the past.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #8
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I didn't mind them going back in time during age of Ultron and Yanking the Young X-Men to play story time with. But after like 5 issues it turned into some liberal propaganda piece that I just didn't give a crap about reading.
Which book became a liberal propaganda piece?
Old 11-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #9
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Which book became a liberal propaganda piece?
All New X-Men.. pretty cool stuff here and there but got off topic to point that the story bored me. I really liked Schism but after that I felt most of the stories I have tried have been kind of weak.
But hey maybe their new books might introduce something better.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #10
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
All New X-Men.. pretty cool stuff here and there but got off topic to point that the story bored me. I really liked Schism but after that I felt most of the stories I have tried have been kind of weak.
But hey maybe their new books might introduce something better.
I've read all those issues. Does the liberal propaganda criticism refer to Iceman being gay?