Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I'm good guys, thought it was time to get back on the forums a bit.

How are you both?
It's amazing how much the forum activity has dropped off as social media took off.

Doing well here.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #22
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I hate the comics attitudes of aping the movies, does anyone remember when Mystique took on the movie appearance, made absolutely no sense.

I'm all for a shake up every now and then, and actually I applaud Marvel for trying to add a little racial diversity into their titles recently (though maybe they've tapped that well a bit too much), but if there's one thing that really turns me off reading it's a lack of originality.

I can see the need for brand recognition, but let's be honest here Marvel, a kid isn't going to put down a Thor comic because his hair is slightly different.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
It's amazing how much the forum activity has dropped off as social media took off.

Doing well here.
Yeah, I speak with a lot of people through Facebook - Keith, Jen, Dave (Coco), Omar, Coca, Ant, Rodders.

I can understand, the drama here is a bit much sometimes...at least I can stick idiots on ignore over there. I remember a few feuds I inadvertently walked into in my time here...
Old 03-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #24
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I speak with a lot of people through Facebook - Keith, Jen, Dave (Coco), Omar, Coca, Ant, Rodders.

I can understand, the drama here is a bit much sometimes...at least I can stick idiots on ignore over there. I remember a few feuds I inadvertently walked into in my time here...
yeah, my job as a mod will always be needed.

If you look at the members here, I bet the top posters list looks the same now as it did 5-10 years ago

CAF
Old 03-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #25
RichBamf

Quote:
yeah, my job as a mod will always be needed.

If you look at the members here, I bet the top posters list looks the same now as it did 5-10 years ago
Pretty much, although I got knocked off the first page, so for ego's sake I had to come back!

Speaking of ten years, think it must be around that since I last saw ya!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #26
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I hate the comics attitudes of aping the movies, does anyone remember when Mystique took on the movie appearance, made absolutely no sense.

I'm all for a shake up every now and then, and actually I applaud Marvel for trying to add a little racial diversity into their titles recently (though maybe they've tapped that well a bit too much), but if there's one thing that really turns me off reading it's a lack of originality.

I can see the need for brand recognition, but let's be honest here Marvel, a kid isn't going to put down a Thor comic because his hair is slightly different.
I actually don't mind when the comics align somewhat with the movies. Who knows, it might help someone jumping from movies to comics because it is familiar.

I am all for racial diversity but it seems Marvel takes the lazy way out IMO with the changing out of characters. I would rather see a new character written from the ground up with their own identity. Good writing, long, well thought out story lines, continuity ... this doesn't seem to be the Marvel way any more.

To be honest, I am becoming increasingly indifferent and get most of my Marvel feed these days via movies, forums, online articles, and an occasional comic read when something pops up that gets good reviews. My kids and I go to the new comic movie releases religiously.

CAF
Old 03-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #27
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Pretty much, although I got knocked off the first page, so for ego's sake I had to come back!

Speaking of ten years, think it must be around that since I last saw ya!
Probably so Rich. I got rid of my drapes so you are welcome any time!

CAF
Old 03-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #28
RichBamf

Quote:
I actually don't mind when the comics align somewhat with the movies. Who knows, it might help someone jumping from movies to comics because it is familiar.

I am all for racial diversity but it seems Marvel takes the lazy way out IMO with the changing out of characters. I would rather see a new character written from the ground up with their own identity. Good writing, long, well thought out story lines, continuity ... this doesn't seem to be the Marvel way any more.

To be honest, I am becoming increasingly indifferent and get most of my Marvel feed these days via movies, forums, online articles, and an occasional comic read when something pops up that gets good reviews. My kids and I go to the new comic movie releases religiously.
I agree. I think to be honest I'm open to any and all comic change as long as the writing justifies it. The problem is most times it doesn't...

Like with the Thor movie, I saw the hair and thought it was laziness, but it looks like they've got a pretty well thought out approach to the film.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #29
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree. I think to be honest I'm open to any and all comic change as long as the writing justifies it. The problem is most times it doesn't...

Like with the Thor movie, I saw the hair and thought it was laziness, but it looks like they've got a pretty well thought out approach to the film.
I think so. I think the movie is going to be a Hulk movie disguised as a Thor movie due to the Universal rights. As such, I am really hoping it is a lot of Planet Hulk. Every new release looks to support this. I am thinking the Grandmaster will be controlling the arena which wasn't in PH but it's a liberty that they take that works for me. I assume that Thor finds himself in the arena with Banner and they cut his hair as part of a gladiatorial ritual. To be honest, I thought the short hair made sense immediately when I saw it. Admittedly, I have been following this movie VERY closely so I can see why others may be a little up in arms. It will all make sense pretty soon.

CAF

Last edited by JadeGiant; 03-10-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #30
RichBamf

Quote:
Probably so Rich. I got rid of my drapes so you are welcome any time!