Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #11
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

He's doubling down on Facebook and defending his actions, as well. So clueless.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #12
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This genuinely shocks me, both as someone who admired his art and someone who can't believe a modern comic artist working for a Disney company could be so stupid.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #13
Python
Omega Red

Ahh Religion. Worming its way into absolutely everything and brainwashing otherwise decent folk into hating and killing each other over their various imaginary friends, sigh...

Silly boy.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Ahh Religion. Worming its way into absolutely everything and brainwashing otherwise decent folk into hating and killing each other over their various imaginary friends, sigh...

Silly boy.
When imaginary friends are your only source of reassurance, most people will do anything to safeguard that, and sadly, that often includes hating and killing.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #15
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Exclamation Mod Note

Quote:

Silly boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
When imaginary friends are your only source of reassurance, most people will do anything to safeguard that, and sadly, that often includes hating and killing.
I think it's important to keep conversations on topics like this open and ongoing. Having said that please be respectful of everyone's perspectives and belief's, secular or spritual, as statements like the examples here are just a different version of the same things you are condemning.

Let the social experiment into the maturity of our membership commence
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I think it's important to keep conversations on topics like this open and ongoing. Having said that please be respectful of everyone's perspectives and belief's, secular or spritual, as statements like the examples here are just a different version of the same things you are condemning.

Oh, I wasn't condemning. I was merely recognizing how this event served to present and contribute commentary on today's political climate. I'm certainly not expressing anything new or visionary. People are certainly free to their beliefs regardless of what I or anyone else might think. However, when those beliefs beget entitlement and/or violation of contract law, the conversation isn't really only about differing perspectives anymore, I don't think. All this to say, I imagine we're all being relatively polite about this at the forum, so far anyway. We can certainly keep this as the pink elephant in the room and leave it at that and simply opt to voice what we might really think somewhere else. This isn't the first time I, as a Jew, read this sort of antisemitic static online. Thankfully, I'm not that fragile.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:56 PM   #17
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post

Oh I'm happy for people to believe whatever they wish, I really am. But religion is different, it isn't simply a harmless belief as we all know the impact it's had on countless lives over the millennia. It's hard to respect something that is so clearly a man created fiction, but is none the less so influential in our society and taught to our easily influenced children via fear mongering to this day. And who's followers often claim the rest of us are somehow less moral (and often destined for eternal agony... naturally) for simply not sharing their completely faith based beliefs. Despite the fact they are happy to do exactly the same regarding other religions in favor of their local God whom is conveniently the only real one.

All of that said, while I love a good debate, I shall respect you and feign maturity here I appreciate this isn't the place. Or shouldn't be at least aside from the fact we're discussing such an example here.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #18
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Oh, I wasn't condemning. I was merely recognizing how this event served to present and contribute commentary on today's political climate. I'm certainly not expressing anything new or visionary. People are certainly free to their beliefs regardless of what I or anyone else might think. However, when those beliefs beget entitlement and/or violation of contract law, the conversation isn't really only about differing perspectives anymore, I don't think. All this to say, I imagine we're all being relatively polite about this at the forum, so far anyway. We can certainly keep this as the pink elephant in the room and leave it at that and simply opt to voice what we might really think somewhere else. This isn't the first time I, as a Jew, read this sort of antisemitic static online. Thankfully, I'm not that fragile.

Quote:
Oh I'm happy for people to believe whatever they wish, I really am. But religion is different, it isn't simply a harmless belief as we all know the impact it's had on countless lives over the millennia. It's hard to respect something that is so clearly a man created fiction, but is none the less so influential in our society and taught to our easily influenced children via fear mongering to this day. And who's followers often claim the rest of us are somehow less moral (and often destined for eternal agony... naturally) for simply not sharing their completely faith based beliefs. Despite the fact they are happy to do exactly the same regarding other religions in favor of their local God whom is conveniently the only real one.

All of that said, while I love a good debate, I shall respect you and feign maturity here I appreciate this isn't the place. Or shouldn't be at least aside from the fact we're discussing such an example here.
Thanks gents. Despite the harsher stance in these posts they are more respectful than referring to peoples deities as their 'imaginary friends' (which promoted my initial post)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #19
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Seems to me you have more of a problem with how people interact with religion than religion itself. I don't think religion is an inherently bad thing. It all depends on how the people practice it. ...therein, as you've pointed out, lies the problem. People be people...often unfortunately.

Anyway, wonder how high these copies will jump or if the nature of them will keep the value down.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #20
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Gene Ha posted this on FB (link is in the quote):

Quote:
If you've heard ANYTHING about Ardian Syaf lately (X-Men Gold #1, etc), you know he's not the sharpest brick in pin cushion. So here's the much brighter G. Willow Wilson on what the Quran really says, and yet more evidence about what an idiot Syaf is. [Thanks to Jonathan Ngo Van Do for catching the mis-link]
Regarding Marvel, I don't blame them on this one at all. 212 is the area code of Marvel's offices. Google "QS" and nothing religious comes up. To some extent, an editor has to trust that their creators aren't purposely adding hate speech against the majority of their readers. As Syaf has shown, doing otherwise is hateful, stupid and it's career suicide. I doubt any US publishers or cons will seek him out again in this lifetime, good riddance!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote