Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #141
Atheris
The Maxx

The paint finish on the head looks good, not sure if its my eyes or the lighting in the photo, but the chest looks to have an egg shell texture?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #142
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
The paint finish on the head looks good, not sure if its my eyes or the lighting in the photo, but the chest looks to have an egg shell texture?

Chris
The paint finish on the proto looks good yes
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #143
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Remember they might not have any choice about putting on a logo sometimes the licensor insists on it...
If the licensor insists on having the logo on it then wouldn't they insist that the logo be accurate to the property?

Was the Barton bust sold by Sideshow a licensed issue? No logo on that. If you need a nameplate to tell you who it is then you are not a fan and you can ask the owner for details. Nameplates are tacky.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:17 PM   #144
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
If the licensor insists on having the logo on it then wouldn't they insist that the logo be accurate to the property?

Was the Barton bust sold by Sideshow a licensed issue? No logo on that. If you need a nameplate to tell you who it is then you are not a fan and you can ask the owner for details. Nameplates are tacky.
Yes it was licensed and yes it had a logo
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #145
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Remember they might not have any choice about putting on a logo sometimes the licensor insists on it.
I personally have always liked the robocop logo but agree I’d like to see it accurate to the original font.
The most concerning thing is the mouth, how can a company with probably the best reference material available for all things robocop get it so wrong and not notice it?
A quote from the email
And yet they still got the single most important aspect of it wrong? It’s like chronicle are turning into Sideshow. Tbh all I expect is a sideshow quality bust and certainly not museum quality (if you’re aiming for that why not use translucent resin?)
I look forward to seeing the resculpt but I don’t hold out much hope, especially with it already up for preorder. I’ll be happy if I’m proven wrong though.
this font situation reminds me of the JP 1/5 wallmount bust(s) font. Close but no cigar.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #146
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Yes it was licensed and yes it had a logo
Thanks, just googled it. I see it also uses the correct font.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #147
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post

In a word no, if they like the look of what chronicle have done they’ll let it go. Besides it might not be the case, I’m just guessing so as every robocop piece released in recent memory has had a logo (including the Barton bust). But like I said the logo is the least of this busts problems.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #148
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
From FB
Dafuq is with them lips? Are they not fixing them then?

I want to order, but not with Arnold Schwarzeneggar under the mask.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #149
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Dafuq is with them lips? Are they not fixing them then?

I want to order, but not with Arnold Schwarzeneggar under the mask.
They said they're going to redo the mouth , but the fact it got to the preorder stage looking like that doesn't give much hope for a decent fix.
I've ended up settling for the 1:2 bust they did (managed to snag one off Ebay, they're not showing up often on there though) it looks awesome and goes really well with cain and ed-209.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #150
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
They said they're going to redo the mouth , but the fact it got to the preorder stage looking like that doesn't give much hope for a decent fix.
I've ended up settling for the 1:2 bust they did (managed to snag one off Ebay, they're not showing up often on there though) it looks awesome and goes really well with cain and ed-209.
Yeah, I don't trust when products go through to preorder phase when revisions have yet to be made. Doesn't bode well. If you order, that's basically saying you are ok with it in its current state but will welcome proposed fixes. Not me.

I'm passing on this, it seems.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote