Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-07-2005, 05:20 AM   #11
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
I would so love to see a Bruce Timm take on the early Avengers. This could be so good and Marvel has left the animated televison field open to DC too long.
I'd love (LOVE!) to see that too, but I figured a DC-style animated Marvel series would be too much to hope for.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #12
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
I still wish more Marvel movies were animated in the traditional hand-drawn style. I'd love a set of comic-faithful Marvel films in the Disney animated style more than any other Marvel movie project. These are the fairytales of our age.

Agreed!

I think Shang Chi could actually be the most successful because as JDH said, the martial arts aspect will make it popular and if you add an up and coming star (not unknown, but also not Jet Li, who I think is great, butthen this will be a Jet Li film and not a Super Hero film) I think it could be successful.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #13
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
Agreed!

I think Shang Chi could actually be the most successful because as JDH said, the martial arts aspect will make it popular and if you add an up and coming star (not unknown, but also not Jet Li, who I think is great, butthen this will be a Jet Li film and not a Super Hero film) I think it could be successful.
Tony Jaa, the bad mofo from Ong Bak Muay Thai warrior, would KILL as shang Chi...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:44 PM   #14
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
S'funny...I've never even heard of Power Pack and Shang-Chi......
Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu! Marvel put out a (6 or 7 issue) mini series a year or so ago. The title was really cool back in the late 70's. Paul Gulacy art ROCKED! If you like martial arts, check it out.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #15
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P.
No they couldn't. There's no possible way that Ant-Man could be made as a good film, let alone a really good film.
You're just upset cause Thor wasn't mentioned as a movie.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:16 AM   #16
Dj-B13
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

So far I remember reading on IGN.com

about Avengers will and might a CG movie and Bruce Willis is already and most likely getting the role of Nick Fury.
Dj-B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:36 AM   #17
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-B13
So far I remember reading on IGN.com

about Avengers will and might a CG movie and Bruce Willis is already and most likely getting the role of Nick Fury.
He couldn't be any worse than Knight Rider!

Anyone see this Nick Fury movie? Was it sad or just funny?

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 AM   #18
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
No they couldn't. There's no possible way that Ant-Man could be made as a good film, let alone a really good film.
Of course it could, especially if Bendis wrote it. And Luke Cage had a cameo. You'd love it.

You have no vision.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #19
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
I would love to see Bendis write an Avengers movie. The train wreck would be delightful to witness.
What happened to turn the cheerleader-in-chief into yet another bitter internet troll afeart of what he does not understand?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #20
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Guess what I just read.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Marvel chairman and CEO Avi Arad said he officially will begin attaching scriptwriters to all 10 projects beginning Wednesday and that, though he has a wish list, he's unsure which movie will be released first."

IGN FilmForce has learned that British filmmaker Edgar Wright is poised to direct Ant-Man. Wright apparently plans on making Ant-Man a comedy.

Neither Wright's reps nor Marvel responded to our inquiries for comment.

Wright wrote and directed the zombie laffer Shaun of the Dead. He also has been linked with the upcoming projects Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.

In the comics, Ant-Man was Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym; he also fought crime under the pseudonyms of Giant-Man, Goliath and Yellowjacket. As The Marvel Database reminds us, Pym discovered a group of subatomic particles and produced two serums from them, one that could reduce someone or something in size and another to restore them.

Testing the serum on himself, Pym was reduced "to the size of an insect. Pym became entrapped in an anthill and was pursued by the ants within. ... Inspired by his experience in the anthill, Pym undertook a study of ants, and theorized that ants communicate through psionic/electrical waves transmitted through their antennae. After months of work, Pym succeeded in creating his first 'cybernetic helmet,' which would enable him to communicate with ants through transmitting and receiving psionic/electrical waves. Thinking that someday he might want to use the shrinking potion on himself again, Pym also designed a protective costume for himself."

Pym eventually became a costumed crime-fighter, serving with The Avengers and also marrying (and later divorcing) fellow superhero Janet Van Dyne, a.k.a. the Wasp.

Someone responded to the news with this post:

Written by Bendis, it will be 2 hours of talk and 3 minutes of action. - Asylum Collectibles 09:34:49 9/08/2005 (0)

Indeed.
If Edgar Wright writes it, and Simon Pegg becomes involved (as Pym) this will be fantastic. And now you are quoting sad internet trolls from other message boards...