Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #2841
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Frobay, so like the old Winston bronzes where it just had a black wash?

Paul
Yeah, black or actually no wash at all. Sideshow’s older faux pieces were great but then they started to add patina to their last few releases (long time ago) it was horrible. Love the Bowen colored bronze pieces too.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #2842
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

As we get closer to producing a faux bronze I'll post a few samples for reference.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #2843
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:

Paul
Quote:
As we get closer to producing a faux bronze I'll post a few samples for reference.

Paul
Cool
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #2844
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Awesome, I'm down to order a faux bronze breakout and the "end scene" Rex from JP. Basically I'll buy any T Rex related stuff from JP 1, aside from the 1:5 scale which I love but couldn't afford the monthly payment on
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #2845
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
We've also started the Rex from the end of the film where the banner falls
NO WAY.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #2846
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
And for the record, I've been hoping for a TLW Bull maquette from you guys for a looooong time. If you're looking to get your hands on an original, I know Peter Jackson has one of the maquettes made for the movie. It's not the final, but it would be a good place to start.
Yes and Peter has full body maquettes of the TLW Raptor, baby T-Rex, Pachycehalosaurus, Gallimimus...

https://youtu.be/eIbYsYqZxPQ 😁
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #2847
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
We have the best assets on earth at our disposal, we have a 7' T-rex from Stan Winston Studios. We have access to ILM, we have access to Universal Archives and we have the Amblin team.
They laser scanned Stan Winston models into the computers in the first place, so you really do have the best references. The original source, as it were. From what I gather, the digital assets were low resolution wireframes with a high resolution mesh overlay, with a low resolution final rendered output (apparently around the 720p range). They would not and were not meant to hold up to a collectors heavy scrutiny. It's nothing like the high poly 4k and beyond assets they have for Jurassic World.

Quote:
We've also started the Rex from the end of the film where the banner falls,[...]
You said you wouldn't do this, you didn't want to tread familiar grounds. I'm soo happy you changed your mind. Don't worry about making this budget friendly. Go all out, making it amazing and I will buy it hands down. My grail for sure.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:06 PM   #2848
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
I want to do a Breakout Bronze, would you want a faux bronze or a real bronze. I was thinking of doing a 300 unit of faux bronze and a 24 piece run of real bronze.

The base would change to something a little more traditional.

Thoughts?

Paul

For both faux and real bronze pieces, It will be great to figure out how to put the pieces together properly without losing details.

The details on the original print/sculpt are great but lots of them(places like under the neck, belly, tail behind the legs and last but not least the arms) were lost at the assembly line. I bought 3 breakout and all 3 of them has the same issue and one is worst then the other. The factory when lazy or heavy handed and sand/filed away a lot of details on the break out. Which is a shame since the original sculpt was done nicely. If those details can be preserved. Both the real bronze will be truly amazing. I'd be down for a real bronze if those issue can be fully addressed. You guys have the bronze Raptor, that your standard to go after. My bronze T-Rex and Raptor from Winston are perfect in terms of build quality. Couple members here have seen them in person at my place and their reaction to the them are the same, just wow, they are pieces one can truly appreciate when seeing in person. So hell yeah, I'd love to add another real bronze that's done properly to my JP collection.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #2849
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:

Paul
Hum...no, they don't just had a black wash.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #2850
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Yeah, black or actually no wash at all. Sideshow’s older faux pieces were great but then they started to add patina to their last few releases (long time ago) it was horrible. Love the Bowen colored bronze pieces too.
It really depend on the subject, some piece does work very well with patina properly added. The Winston bronzes does not and it's a great call as patina does not help to show case the sculpt. And I'm not sure Paul said only a black wash to them, which is very strange. Both pieces have subtle color variations, especially with the Raptor, it's coloration is extremely well done.

I took these shots of mine 7 years ago. Tell me, do they look they just had a black wash? And these are just pics.