Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #451
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Kim has a lot of work to do, I don't think she would have the time to go back again trying to achieve some level of perfection that might be unreachable.

I don't think getting this likeness (or any likeness) is that easy as just going back and redoing it.

I can see exactly why they moved on and accepted the latest version is as much as they could get from trying.

It's really not that bad, people exaggerate the likeness on this piece not looking like her.
This is such an expensive hobby I can't believe how many people make these kinds of excuses. So someone who works at the statue company "doesn't have time" to fix a major detail on a $1200 statue that should have been done right in the first place? And you want to say it wouldn't be worth the effort anyway because getting a likeness that at least resembles emilia clarke from a distance is "some level of perfection that might be unattainable"?

And yet, studios are able to do great likenesses all the time. So this statue should get a pass because...you ordered it? It objectively does not look like emilia clarke, if you showed a picture of the statue to random people at least 90% would have no idea who it was supposed to be.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:22 AM   #452
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
It objectively does not look like emilia clarke, if you showed a picture of the statue to random people at least 90% would have no idea who it was supposed to be.
There's nothing "objective" about your post.

I already replied to you here.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #453
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
There's nothing "objective" about your post.

I already replied to you here.
I was about to answer to his post, but I gave up.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #454
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Maybe they should have said in my opinion, but never the less, I 100% agree, if your making a 1200 statue, the likeness should be better, and I have saw people complaining on several sites besides this forum about it, alot of people are unhappy with it, I'll be real interested to see the edition size, I bet its gonna be smaller than they originally intended, but again if your happy spending 1200 on a sorta ok likeness then it's all good, but nothing wrong with people posting their frustrations, up until season 7 it was my favorite show ever and Daenerys was obviously one of my favorite characters
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #455
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Maybe they should have said in my opinion, but never the less, I 100% agree, if your making a 1200 statue, the likeness should be better, and I have saw people complaining on several sites besides this forum about it, alot of people are unhappy with it, I'll be real interested to see the edition size, I bet its gonna be smaller than they originally intended, but again if your happy spending 1200 on a sorta ok likeness then it's all good, but nothing wrong with people posting their frustrations, up until season 7 it was my favorite show ever and Daenerys was obviously one of my favorite characters
I don't mind that much that people think the likeness is not all there. I might post about it once, but that's it. Saying "objectively looking nothing like her" and pulling a stat out of their behind, though? Yeah, right.

Look at the pics on my old post I linked to: forehead is about the same, eyebrows are about the same, nose is about the same, philtrum seems to be about the same in spite of the shadow, lips and corner of her mouth are about the same, chin, cheeks, ears and neck are about the same. Are the eyes the same? No, it's a statue.

People were mostly unhappy with the initial sculpt and many haven't seen beyond that. Couple that with the mimetic attitude many people* have on boards, let alone Facebook, and no matter how many pic comparisons you give them of the latest sculpt, they just won't change their mind.

And posting one's frustrations is good and all, but being a pest about it ("excuses, excuses!") is annoying.

* Disclaimer: I'm not saying you, for instance, are one of those, but that's certainly a phenomenon. One that 9 out of 10 people know about.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:49 PM   #456
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well I understand all your points, and your right, it's mostly those eyes that are my biggest issue, but I have other statues where the eyes look very lifelike, and I guess my frustration is that I actually want this statue, but if they cant correct that I'll never be satisfied with it, seems to me a pretty easy fix, the eyes mean so much to her overall look, maybe they surprise me and have it fixed, if so I'm buying it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #457
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Well I understand all your points, and your right, it's mostly those eyes that are my biggest issue, but I have other statues where the eyes look very lifelike, and I guess my frustration is that I actually want this statue, but if they cant correct that I'll never be satisfied with it, seems to me a pretty easy fix, the eyes mean so much to her overall look, maybe they surprise me and have it fixed, if so I'm buying it
That's OK and I understand.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #458
Dexterj
Frackin!

Fixed or not, i want it
Dexterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #459
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Your sentence "if your happy spending 1200 on a sorta ok likeness" wants to sound like a postulate but your demonstration is likely to be lame. Because "a sorta ok likeness" is what you see, not what I see, and so I have no reason to be happy spending 1200 on what you see. However, I am happy to spend 1200 - actually more if we add taxes - on what I see: Daenerys and Emilia.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:28 PM   #460
ukshaun
Hercules

What is all the complaining about?
The piece looks decent enough.

If you like what you see, have the money, and want the piece, then order it. If you don't like what you see, then move on. Complaining about the price is pointless. Yes i agree, the piece is expensive. For that reason i did not place an order. The second reason is the massive amount of space required to display it.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote