Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #561
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
the top of the bodice is placed higher on the second photo. Lower it a bit, and the collar will have its normal place and will better cover the seam... hopefully...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #562
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Every time I see these photos together it just kills me how weak the production face is in comparison, I would rather pay a extra $500 for a perfect face than pay $1200 for a statue that I'm not completely satisfied with, I hope some in hand pictures look better
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #563
snakej32
Fantastic Four

So I guess shoow and cancan who were in extreme denial because they have a crush on the sculptor and/or Denarys can finally admit that this statue is not flawless. It's not just the portrait but also the dragons and the seam now too. Funny how the posts defending this piece have suddenly stopped, most likely because so many people are cancelling their pre-orders. What a joke.

When you can't explain away the seam with a generic "bad angle, photographer or lighting" excuse it must be difficult to come up with something to post.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #564
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really hope I don’t have to cancel this.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #565
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
So I guess shoow and cancan who were in extreme denial because they have a crush on the sculptor and/or Denarys can finally admit that this statue is not flawless. It's not just the portrait but also the dragons and the seam now too. Funny how the posts defending this piece have suddenly stopped, most likely because they're cancelling their pre-orders. What a joke.
I've stopped 'defending this piece' (as if that were necessary) because I'm sick and tired of trying to reason with certain kind of people.

And now, if you don't mind, I'm going to order this piece so I can cancel it, I guess. As I've mentioned four times already. SMH.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #566
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
So I guess shoow and cancan who were in extreme denial denial denial denial denial because they have a crush on the sculptor and/or Denarys can finally admit that this statue is not flawless. It's not just the portrait but also the dragons and the seam now too. Funny how the posts defending this piece have suddenly stopped, most likely because so many people are cancelling their pre-orders. What a joke.

When you can't explain away the seam with a generic "bad angle, photographer or lighting" excuse it must be difficult to come up with something to post.

You are as irritating and boring as a broken record.
Don't worry, if I am - even a little bit- disappointed by this statue, I'll explain here why, like I already did about two pieces I own.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #567
TheProfessional
Frackin!

It should have been improved before they released it, they didn't even try to address any of the criticisms and also it looks like they made things worse with the seam and some of the paint.
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #568
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sideshow had it on waitlist, it's now back for pre order, I dont know if that's a bad sign or not? The sculptor is clearly talented, but I wish they face could be improved
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #569
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

It will be good to see more pics but that seam is terrible.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #570
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Agreed but let's wait for the first in-hand experiences from collectors. Some of us will receive her very soon, and only then can we know for sure if the seam line can be totally hidden

BTW here is a first assembly video from Blitzway on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG19eNe...d=kst4vkhbw0zv
True. Hope all you guys that got this piece have the option to cover the seam up. I still like the portrait and everything else. The seam is my only concern.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote