Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
tonytiger
The X-Men

Unhappy Broken statue

Got the Thanos statue today and the right arm was broken off, inside his glove, This is new but got broke in shipping. Now here is the Question do I keep it and fix it and get some money back, or just send it back? What would you guys do? You would never know it was broken when its glued back on...but does this really affect the value?
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #2
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

It'll probably affect the resale value as long as you disclose the break (which you should). So I guess the question to ask yourself is if you care more about the statue itself or its potential resale value. If the break is easy to fix and won't be visible, I see no reason not to request a partial refund and leave it at that. But f you want maximum resale value down the road you may be better off returning it and trying again.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Return it. It will bug you forever and will affect resale (as you should disclose).
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Return it...unless you paid $100 or less for it. It definitely ruins the value and demand for it. No matter how much you love the statue, it will always be the first thing you think of when you look at it. While you may get away with gluing it, it's just not enjoyable when it's sticks in your mind that there's a major defect.

Make sure you take pics and get everything in writing on eBay or however you obtained the statue if you decide to return it. Make sure you take pics of the box it came in...do not throw it away!!!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
tonytiger
The X-Men

Well, you all bring up very good points. Here is the facts, This statue goes around 350.00 and I talk him down to 260.00 + 23.00 shipping. Not bad, again new in the box. Now he just offer me 100.00 back to keep it. The statue arm is broke off in the inside of the glove, when fix you would never know it was fix. Also this is really kind of design flaw with this statue as its really a weak area, as there was not enough was fill in. Also found out how to fix better by putting pins in and then gluing.. So it actually be stronger then before.And if I did sell down the road I would say what happen too. But still..
Old 09-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
Jokerbone
Justice League

Which thanos statue was it? If you can repair yourself, spending under $200 is a steal.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
tonytiger
The X-Men

This one, and it would be under 200.00 and its a easy fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ok.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	86316  
Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
C. Bormann
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I was going to suggest just pining it, but I see that you came to that conclusion already.

This is how I got into the kit painting hobby/business. For years I would buy pre-painted statues from eBay and occasionally they would arrive broken. I learned to make the repairs and eventually I started custom painting my own statues. Eventually I started buying kits and now I paint for other collectors.

Here is my web page:

http://home.comcast.net/~2007cup/site/?/home

So give it a shot. There are plenty of people here to ask for advice if you need help.
C. Bormann is offline   Reply With Quote