Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-09-2017, 05:26 AM   #61
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think that Tweeterhead did an amazing job with Joker, Harley, Bud & Lou. That said the Superman and Wonder Woman bases look "simlpe" as compared to the J family. My question is it due to reducing the cost from $300.00 to mid $200's? I really hope that Chad and his team will continue with intricate bases.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #62
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

One more question will you be attending NY Con this year?
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #63
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Fresh from posting in another thread. More of a hope than a question...

Tweeterhead is on fire and the first of the DC 1/6 line isn't even out yet. I have high hopes for this and just preordered my first 1/6 DC statue. I sure hope someone in the team is listening to collectors and really understanding the market not only in terms of the prospects of what can be produced but moreso on the pricing side. I think part of the reason so many are excited is the frustration towards the high cost of acquiring even mass produced statues of bigger scale these days. I hope Tweeterhead and the other 1/6 manufacturers consider this very well as I would be really happy to see them go beyond what Randy Bowen has accomplished in his Marvel line. Sorry for name dropping but if Diamond can charge very affordable CS Moore pieces, I don't see why the rest can't, unless they intentionally go the other route, which is harmful for this hobby IMHO.

More 'super powers' to you guys! :-)
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #64
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Wonder Woman Maquette. Any word on release? Still says 3rd Quarter 2017 on the site. Is that still going to happen?
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #65
grphyx1
Kingpin

Hello all. Hoping to get some answers later today/tomorrow. Questions through post #64 have been sent to Chad.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #66
grphyx1
Kingpin

Hello all,

As promised from Tweeterhead's Aerie here are Chad's responses to questions asked. Again as I have mentioned, I do not work for Tweeterhead. I am just helping out as he navigates this forum world and as usual he asks that you keep the questions coming. (I took the liberty of putting numbers next to some questions as to better illustrate what was being answered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
The Batman Returns Catwoman statue is one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Is there any chance we'll see a 1/6 Keaton Batman or Penguin to display with her in the future? The Catwoman sculpt was perfection... I'm sure you'd do a fantastic job with those two.
Never say never, but right now…no! Sorry! It’s not because we don’t want to…A Penguin would be really cool and to be able to make the JN Joker would be a dream come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnchrry View Post
Any chance of getting the Universal Monsters franchise?

A 1/6th scale line of statues of based on classic horror would be awesome.
Again, never say never…but right now, I think the push is for the new movie franchises and not the older classic films L

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
1. That's a cool story, and it gives some insight into the line from your perspective. Thank you for sharing!!

2. You've also given me a reason to appreciate Catwoman in a dress/cape. I thought that was impossible...

3. 90's Catwoman (the purple suit) was my first comic, so I hope you've got plans for variants!
1. You’re welcome.

2. Just wait until you see her…the thing I LOVED about that version of the “Queen of the Underworld” in the 70s/80s is that she was indeed the boss and was smarter than everyone else and she knew it.

3. I’d love to get around to her, I’m sure it will happen…afterall CW has more than one costume, right? I’d LOVE to make that 70s version in the blue tights and red mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I'm so glad Batgirl super powers is in the works.
Batgirl is one of my top three favorite characters…we are working to make her the BEST that we possibly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
What are the chances of a blue/white costumed Zatanna, the George Perez version from the JLA postcard?
I’d love to make that version as well as the classic top hat version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Chad,

1. What's the planned frequency of the release of Super Powers maquette? I'm excited but scared for my wallet but don't mind my wallet. Bring them on!

2. I sincerely wish Tweeterhead really plans to finish teams (at least the core members of JLA, Titans) unlike other companies that keeps repeating characters each year.

3. Is the plan to go with really detailed bases like Joker/Harley? I love Joker because it's museum pose but with just enough details on the base.'

4. I hope for team characters LosH, Titans, JLA, you'd consider at least similarly themed bases for killer team displays.

5. Big Barda, Fire and Ice, Vixen, George Perez's Zatanna, the Hawks - yay! I'm so excited to see these characters in 1/6.

Finally, if you haven't noticed yet - the geeks and fanboys of classic 1/6 goodness have never been this excited since Bowen was still active. Hope Tweeterhead delivers! Goodluck.
1. At least one a month, some months in 2018 will have two. This is the plan, but we need to make room for pieces like the remaining 66 stuff…so don’t hold me to that!

2. Guaranteed…you’ll be getting the Teen Titans, Steppenwolf and Samurai before you see a second Batman.

3. Some pieces will have smaller bases…really just depending on what they need. Also we are pretty intent on keeping all pieces between $250-$300. The only pieces I can see being more would be a few of the larger characters. With the Joker we were really trying to tell a story with Harley and the dogs just happened to fit in.

4. For some we certainly are. LOSH comes to mind…

5. Thanks, I think like most of you…especially being a DC kid…when Bowen was firing off all those pieces I was just saying to myself “If those were DC, OMG” I’m so glad to have the opportunity to work on these guys. Who thought the Day would come when we’d be talking about a “Mr. Mind” or “The Brain” Maquette…HAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Any chance of Preacher or Watchmen statues?
Would there be an interest in Watchmen?? Have thought of them before, but not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Thank You Chad for answering all the questions. I know that you said the Masters of the Universe Bust line was dead but any chance we would still see a Catra Bust? Like maybe a Comic Con exclusive? At one point Catra was named as last in the line. Was she ever sculpted? I was really looking forward to her to go with the She-ra bust.
Not possible because we don’t have the license anymore…sorry!! Stay tuned for something else MOTU related!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
Will we at least get a teaser for the super powers line Batman before or around the time Joker goes up for pre order so collectors can have an idea of what the set will look like together?
After for sure…Probably in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I think that Tweeterhead did an amazing job with Joker, Harley, Bud & Lou. That said the Superman and Wonder Woman bases look "simlpe" as compared to the J family. My question is it due to reducing the cost from $300.00 to mid $200's? I really hope that Chad and his team will continue with intricate bases.
Some will be detailed and some smaller. The WW base was a WIP but the Superman is a done deal. For a character like SM, we really wanted to keep him very majestic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
One more question will you be attending NY Con this year?
I’ll be there, but Tweeterhead will not officially be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Fresh from posting in another thread. More of a hope than a question...

Tweeterhead is on fire and the first of the DC 1/6 line isn't even out yet. I have high hopes for this and just preordered my first 1/6 DC statue. I sure hope someone in the team is listening to collectors and really understanding the market not only in terms of the prospects of what can be produced but moreso on the pricing side. I think part of the reason so many are excited is the frustration towards the high cost of acquiring even mass produced statues of bigger scale these days. I hope Tweeterhead and the other 1/6 manufacturers consider this very well as I would be really happy to see them go beyond what Randy Bowen has accomplished in his Marvel line. Sorry for name dropping but if Diamond can charge very affordable CS Moore pieces, I don't see why the rest can't, unless they intentionally go the other route, which is harmful for this hobby IMHO.

More 'super powers' to you guys! :-)
Our intent is to keep everything between $250 and $300. I want to make and sell a lot of characters…and understand that the prices need to affordable. There are more factors to take into account like manufacturing costs and increases overseas…but right now…pieces like out Superman and Wonder Woman will be coming in at $250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Wonder Woman Maquette. Any word on release? Still says 3rd Quarter 2017 on the site. Is that still going to happen?
At the moment we are on track for the end of September.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #67
jeremydmc
Black Panther

My inner child just screamed for joy and my wallet just started crying a river. I already have 5 of the first 6 on preorder. I am still considering getting Mr Mxyzptlk. The completist in me is kind of nagging me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
1. At least one a month, some months in 2018 will have two. This is the plan, but we need to make room for pieces like the remaining 66 stuff…so don’t hold me to that!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #68
grphyx1
Kingpin

Mxyie was a no brainer for me. Had to have him. I have to exhibit will power since I am waiting for one character in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
My inner child just screamed for joy and my wallet just started crying a river. I already have 5 of the first 6 on preorder. I am still considering getting Mr Mxyzptlk. The completist in me is kind of nagging me now.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #69
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Mxyie was a no brainer for me. Had to have him. I have to exhibit will power since I am waiting for one character in particular.
Always loved the Bowen 1/6 statues but only bought a couple since I am more inclined toward DC than Marvel. This line is my kryptonite.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #70
jeremydmc
Black Panther

grphyx1, next time you send an email out to Chad, can you ask if they have plans to upgrade their ordering system soon? It would be nice to see all of my orders on there instead of just the last one I did to see how much I still owe on my preorders.