Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Which Lady Death should I get?
Later one 52 63.41%
Original 30 36.59%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2018, 04:16 AM   #1
Dozza
Birdman

Which Lady Death?

Hey all,

Planning on purchasing one of the two Lady Death PFs.

I'm a bit torn between the two so I thought I'd make a poll to see some opinions. I think both are great.

The later one?

Or the original?

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 06-26-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Dozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
stone eagle
Justice League

Maybe it's just me but I have never understood someone asking on a forum what other people's opinion is on a staute (motorcycle or car etc.) and to consider those opinions for purchasing. Just my .02 but I feel you should buy whatever thing you like and can afford. Don't buy based on some random anonymous poll.
Something I can see asking about is does the item have a history of damage or defects? Is the seller reputable or not?
To me the first statue looks like the arms are broken but I'm sure some like that twisted evil look......
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have both. The original one as her costume is more comic book style then anything else. Through the scythe on the 2nd is metal and first one is plastic (sword on first is plastic too while the ex sword on 2nd is metal)

Last edited by VS1976; 06-26-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: O
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The newer one for a couple reasons. One, I hate the out-of-control long scythe on the original. It's way too long and makes it hard to display. Two, I prefer the second that is fully sculpted and does not have fabric.

The first one is way closer to classic Lady Death - no doubt about that, but I still prefer the second overall.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
Rooper
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
Maybe it's just me but I have never understood someone asking on a forum what other people's opinion is on a staute (motorcycle or car etc.) and to consider those opinions for purchasing. Just my .02 but I feel you should buy whatever thing you like and can afford. Don't buy based on some random anonymous poll.
Something I can see asking about is does the item have a history of damage or defects? Is the seller reputable or not?
To me the first statue looks like the arms are broken but I'm sure some like that twisted evil look......
I guess it depends on what the original poster is seeking. If it's pure aesthetics, then I agree someone should just buy what they like. If they're asking does either have any known issues (leaning, defects, etc...) then that could sway the choice.

I own the original. I haven't had any real issues with it. It is mixed media, which I know some hate. So if that's turn off, then go with the newer version. Also, as already mentioned, the original does have a rather tall scythe, which may limit display options. So check your dimensions on where you'd like to put it. Beyond that, I'd just choose which you'd prefer.
Rooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Another vote for the original. I had considered shortening the scythe a bit, but ended up not doing it. It is an extremely well done piece, base is nice and the cape is a good display option in that it can be changed to taste.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #7
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I have the second one and it is one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Everyone always says it's very classy when they see it. Not sure what that means...lol
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
I have the second one and it is one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Everyone always says it's very classy when they see it. Not sure what that means...lol
Sarcasm?
Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sarcasm?
The last female I had over.....I'm sure it was sarcasm. I beleive my friends think it is classy.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
The last female I had over.....I'm sure it was sarcasm. I beleive my friends think it is classy.
LOL. It makes me giggle a little to think that people say a lady in her black leather bra and panties with her legs wide open leaning against a scythe is classy. No offense at all, it just sounds funny to me.