Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Too many Hulks out there to justify $2k for this one. I keep waiting for the day that the market on statues just crashes. Everything is getting bigger and more expensive.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #12
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

i bought a hulk vs wolverine exclusive version from ss couple months ago and wasnt planning to get another hulk but this is VERY tempting... i have faith in xm convention exclusives and i know they will be great... idk if i should get this or not.. im stuck in the middle... damn
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #13
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Too many Hulks out there to justify $2k for this one. I keep waiting for the day that the market on statues just crashes. Everything is getting bigger and more expensive.
I am afraid to say it has already started here in Canada. Beautiful pieces sitting around in BST pages for months at or below retail.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #14
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Yeah I'm not a fan of the price at all. It's around $1330 in usd and that's not factoring in shipping which will be $400 minimum probably for this beast. I think the concept art looks cool but I'm not paying close to $1800 for this.
If I could get this for $1800 CND I would probably jump at the chance, but I am probably looking at about $2500 CND, at least, to get this to my home. I am trying to figure out if I can swing it, but honestly I don't know.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #15
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I a man afraid to say it has already started here in Canada. Beautiful pieces sitting around in BST pages for months at or below retail.
well, I think the import taxes and exchange rate is what has always been the biggest hurdle for you guys. It seems like that just gets worse for you. I really don't know how so many guys with families and mortgages here in the US have such huge collections. I have neither, and I have slowed down a lot lol
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #16
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It's become impossible to be 1/4 scale XM collector in Canada. I'm lucky I never collected 1/4 scale ever just 1/6 mostly Bowens as they were released. Now I'm super picky at statues I order. I've got small list of pieces I've already POd some I'll spend next couple years acquiring I'm running . These are getting better and bigger with every release and price keeps climbing. Not to sound negative these are not investments!!!! You will lose money .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #17
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That being said I need a proper 1/4 Hulk .....is this going to be the one?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #18
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
It's become impossible to be 1/4 scale XM collector in Canada. I'm lucky I never collected 1/4 scale ever just 1/6 mostly Bowens as they were released. Now I'm super picky at statues I order. I've got small list of pieces I've already POd some I'll spend next couple years acquiring I'm running . These are getting better and bigger with every release and price keeps climbing. Not to sound negative these are not investments!!!! You will lose money .
Increasing price is definitely a problem. The companies need to understand that they have to leave some profit on the table for the flippers. Like it or not, flippers drive hype for products. Look at what's happening to PCS. They increased their price and ES significantly, and now their products aren't selling out and you can find "warehouse gems" for a deep discount. I'm only able to afford the new statues by selling off my old ones that I can still make money on. With a few exceptions, the modern statues are dogs. You're going to loose money unless you can get it at wholesale.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:37 PM   #19
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Yes you have to watch what I buy these days, statues have more than doubled from when I started collecting. So many awesome piece getting made these days, shame these didn't come out 10 years ago they would have cost half as much, plus hipping has more than tripled.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:04 PM   #20
Spidey976

Honestly, this is the best Hulk sculpt I have seen around. It is just expensive, and there isn't much that can be done about that. It doesn't help that everything is losing value except OG Sideshow and basically XMs Magneto.