Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-16-2020, 06:52 AM   #821
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
A person can't go wrong with the Red Hulk statue either. Afterall, this is all art so it's all incredibly subjective. Just like someone likes a certain painting more than another painting. It's all opinion. Actually, there is no such thing as a "best" any statue. That being said, I think the Red Hulk is a bigger and better statue with more "presence" than the Transformation Hulk. I also think the Red Hulk is extremely well priced and a great deal for the sheer size of it. However, this is all just my opinion.
I never claimed your opinion was wrong and mine was correct. We simply disagree and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad you're happy with your Rulk purchase and I hope it arrives minty fresh. As far as "best" statues are concerned...I have to disagree again. While I won't claim a statue is the best for everyone, I will claim a statue can be best for me. IMO, the best 1/4 HULK statues I've ever seen are the XM transformation HULK and the ATF HULK MAQ. That's simply my opinion. No one is forced to agree with me and I respect other people's opinions even if they differ from mine. This is a discussion forum, not an argument forum. So long as disagreements are handled respectfully, there shouldn't be any problems. Happy collecting!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #822
adee
Green Arrow

From the day I joined this forum I've read about people chasing the 'definitive' statue of a character. Such a thing has never existed.

My advice is buy what you like and never worry about the court of public opinion.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #823
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
From the day I joined this forum I've read about people chasing the 'definitive' statue of a character. Such a thing has never existed.

My advice is buy what you like and never worry about the court of public opinion.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #824
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

I agree. You may find what you consider definitive and someone else may not like it at all which is fine. What you put on your shelf only really matters to you.

Where people cross the line for me is to insist that there opinion is a universal truth. It's not ... it's your truth.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #825
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

The only thing that's not subjective is:

Hulk > Red Hulk.

BTW, is it confirmed that Rulk is bigger than Trans Hulk? I saw one picture where it looked like he was, then another where they looked the same.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:28 PM   #826
Viper
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
BTW, is it confirmed that Rulk is bigger than Trans Hulk? I saw one picture where it looked like he was, then another where they looked the same.
There is a side-by-side pic of the Red Hulk and Transformation Hulk on the fifth post on this page: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5828231

The Red Hulk looks considerably bigger. Its forearms look about twice the size of the Transformation Hulk's forearms, and it just looks a lot beefier overall.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #827
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
There is a side-by-side pic of the Red Hulk and Transformation Hulk on the fifth post on this page: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5828231

The Red Hulk looks considerably bigger. Its forearms look about twice the size of the Transformation Hulk's forearms, and it just looks a lot beefier overall.
There is some perspective at play in that pic. Scroll down a bit and the perspective is flipped. Until we get measurements, we don't know.

CAF
Old 04-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #828
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

If size were the only component for prominence, the Sideshow Abomination would be more enticing than the OG Hulk. Not only that, but this is a portrayal of his earliest appearance so wouldn't be as colossal as some of the more recent artwork you find the current Hulk placed alongside the Red Hulk, noticeably much larger nowadays.

Everyones idea of a definitive piece is obviously subjective, but for me when choosing for my collection, the pose really provides substance and definition to a character, as if ripped straight out of the comics.

The OG Hulk from Sideshow just screams Kirby, with a twisted, powerful pose from his hands to his feet. The OG Cap PF for me still stands up (I have the newer PF and Iron Studios AOU versions too), because of that iconic stoic pose that just screams Captain America and his strong and moral compass.

I fell in love with the Hulk Transformation because it harkens right back to the classic cover scene with Banner in front of Hulk, and that pose is a mix of pure rage and explosive power. I know similar transformation statues have been done before, and countless Hulk pieces, but for me, this represents a truly iconic point in comic lore and the journey of Banner and the Hulk.

Having said that, and admittedly I'm not as much a fan of the Red Hulk as the green or grey, the face on the Red Hulk is iconic, that evil smirk and even the slight swagger in the pose assures you that he's confident in his power. It isn't as strong a pose for me purely because it could be ripped from any page of a comic, but it is really true to the character and a great design (I think any Red Hulk fan will be upgrading from the Sideshow to this XM version and be extremely happy).

I haven't completely ruled out getting the Red Hulk space permitting, but that's more about me not being a fan of Ross than anything else :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #829
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Agreed re size. Some people think bigger is better and that is how they prioritize purchases. That's great but for me, sculpt is FAR more important. If I like the sculpt, I will consider purchasing - from a very small piece to a very large. Next on my list is the character, or version of the character, for me. Is it a version of the Hulk I like? If so and sculpted well, I am more likely to buy. After sculpt and character, cost and space are the next factors. If I think the price is right (for me) and I have room to display (I don't buy pieces I can't display), it is likely a purchase for me. A great example is the Gentle Giant Hulk. It's small but I love the sculpt and it is a great rendition of the Hulk. It is small so space is not a consideration. Unfortunately I waited to get one when it came out and now they aren't readily available (or available at a reasonable price) or I would have one.

As for the Red Ross - I don't care for the sculpt so all other factors are irrelevant. I have the Koto version and so far, that is all that I need in my collection.

CAF
Old 04-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #830
XMAN
Ultron

In my opinion this transformation Hulk has everything going for it the sculpt is amazing the paint looks incredible the size fabulous plus the additional Bruce Banner sculpt .....you just can’t beat that. However I will not place this piece on a shelf in my opinion it deserves a pedestal
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote