Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-01-2022, 01:41 PM   #191
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yikes, that's a sickening total.

From what I've seen over the past 6 months, those selling at low prices in the secondary market are few and far between. For the most part everything is just as high or slightly under these new piece prices. There are still sales being made, but I'm seeing a lot of the same pieces from the same sellers being relisted regularly.
Yup!
That is why in 2022 the plan is to clear all pre_orders, bar one. 2023 is going to feel good without the weight of pre_orders on my mind. It will mean missing out on pieces. It is the way it is.

This is also one reason why i cancelled the recent Sideshow Collectibles Power Girl PF. For the cost i expected better. It is very rare for me to cancel a piece. I guess i have reached a point where i refuse to pay for less than near perfect.

What PCS are charging for Chun-Li in a wedding dress is a.. on the high side, put it that way.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:44 PM   #192
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Yup!
That is why in 2022 the plan is to clear all pre_orders, bar one. 2023 is going to feel good without the weight of pre_orders on my mind. It will mean missing out on pieces. It is the way it is.

This is also one reason why i cancelled the recent Sideshow Collectibles Power Girl PF. For the cost i expected better. It is very rare for me to cancel a piece. I guess i have reached a point where i refuse to pay for less than near perfect.

What PCS are charging for Chun-Li in a wedding dress is a.. on the high side, put it that way.
I totally feel you and I'm right there with you. It sucks that you had to cancel the Power Girl PF, but your logic is sound. As long as the pieces are produced, there's always a chance to pick them up down the line.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #193
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I totally feel you and I'm right there with you. It sucks that you had to cancel the Power Girl PF, but your logic is sound. As long as the pieces are produced, there's always a chance to pick them up down the line.
I would consider paying $200 - $300 for the Sideshow Power Girl, and paying to have the portrait re painted by someone talented.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:39 PM   #194
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

The new Power Girl PF is absolutely hideous. Everything about it looks flatout horrible. I'd rather have two of these than one of each.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #195
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Up on SSC

ES 400 a pop

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #196
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
The new Power Girl PF is absolutely hideous. Everything about it looks flatout horrible. I'd rather have two of these than one of each.
I liked the prototype.
Sideshow went and posted production pics, and the piece looked less impressive in the portrait department. I cancelled my pre_order.
Today someone posted some in hand photo's and the piece looks ok. I am half tempted to pick it up now
Old 03-03-2022, 04:12 PM   #197
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Up on SSC

ES 400 a pop

I thought this went up ages ago. I guess not, i guess they were working on tweaks. I am not a fan of the piece, and i think i prefer the look of the original tease.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:38 PM   #198
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I liked the prototype.
Sideshow went and posted production pics, and the piece looked less impressive in the portrait department. I cancelled my pre_order.
Today someone posted some in hand photo's and the piece looks ok. I am half tempted to pick it up now
I'll share some when mine comes in to get that other half convinced.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:57 PM   #199
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i think face could use some work. kinda looks weird to me. specially her cheeks and jaws

ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:09 PM   #200
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'll share some when mine comes in to get that other half convinced.
Thanks..