Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #51
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
As usual no idea what you are talking about, every post you just made is laughable, so glad to see your lovely green troll face here again...

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #52
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Happy to give some info on the 1:1 Endoskeleton.

When comparing something like this to a 1:2 version, no offense it's not even in the same category. Nor is the 1:1 Terminator 2 Endoskeleton. I should know I produced the masters for the Sideshow 1:1 and helped with the HCG 1:2 version produced years ago.

The T2 Endo is about 150 individual pieces and we were able to combine pieces during production and we got it under 100.

Then each piece is triple chrome pated, copper, nickel then chrome. On the clean versions each one needed to be buffed and body shopped for perfection. If there was a flaw, well we sold those later as battle damaged versions.

The Genysis Endo is a beast, it's nearly 300 individual pieces and we didn't combine or re-sculpt any of the pieces or flood them in any way. That combined with custom machined parts and six different size cable housing and hose. Each one of the Genisys Endos are clean and the plating has to stand up to scrutiny.

The Plating has gone up in cost over the years and again comparing this Endo to a 1:2 is no comparison at all.

Chronicle will offer the piece on Monday and our payment plans will apply to this piece.

Limited to 100 Pieces.

Paul
I was referring to the P1 1:2 Endo. The HCG version was a disaster on the production end.

I can appreciate all the extra effort and detail being put into making these. But surely you don't believe people will pay 11k for it? For international buyers its more like 20k. In my opinion, these are priced 4-5k to high.

Chris
Old 01-26-2019, 11:19 PM   #53
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I was referring to the P1 1:2 Endo. The HCG version was a disaster on the production end.

I can appreciate all the extra effort and detail being put into making these. But surely you don't believe people will pay 11k for it? For international buyers its more like 20k. In my opinion, these are priced 4-5k to high.

Chris
I agree, you would have to be NUTS to pay $11 000usd plus shipping. For a canadian that would turn into about $15000 plus the shipping, plus the import and taxes. SO ya, just under $20 000cdn for THIS. I have the sideshow one for $5000usd. HALF the price. Cinemaquette and Chronicle is out to lunch if they think this will sell, especially when the first version was around $6000 or $7000 tops. I almost bought one. But this price, is insane.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:26 AM   #54
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Guys, the first endo from Sideshow costed US$ 4'995.- or US$ 5'995.- to be honest I don't even remember anymore because it was 14 years ago ! 14 years!! Back then how much did a Premium Format cost? Sideshow probably didn't even produce 1:4 scales back then. My first PF costed US$ 225.- and what are the prices now ? They doubled! So it's pretty logical that a chrome plated life size today comes with this price tag. What is way more frustrating: it looks that Chronicle doesn't ship international anymore. At least not this endo. Cinemaquette doesn't either. They never did. But why Chronicle has announced to ship this endo only domestic, I really don't know. All us international customers we know the deal about expenisve shipping costs, import taxes, VAT, but this has come to the next level it seems. Us internaional customers we go out empty !
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #55
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I agree, you would have to be NUTS to pay $11 000usd plus shipping. For a canadian that would turn into about $15000 plus the shipping, plus the import and taxes. SO ya, just under $20 000cdn for THIS. I have the sideshow one for $5000usd. HALF the price. Cinemaquette and Chronicle is out to lunch if they think this will sell, especially when the first version was around $6000 or $7000 tops. I almost bought one. But this price, is insane.
It's 10K now, not 11K. Sideshow one is 7K NOT 5k, and the 1st CC one was $7500 3 years ago. The SS one is not even in the same league, plus that one will eventually destroy itself due to low quality materials and design that causes leaning. Even the old original real chrome SS one isn't comparable to this, I know, I have one of them.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #56
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

Chris
HCG one was very well done for the time, apart from the teeth which seem to be a stumbling block on most endos anyway. The later Sideshow reissues were not the same quality, but I had one of the real original 500 and it was a great piece.

Also, stop complaining about your weak currency, I see it in a lot of threads and honestly nobody cares. Manufacturers can't price these cheaper just to make up for your low value money and idiotic taxes. Plus I thought you said you were rich anyway?
Old 01-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #57
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah I don’t think people understand inflation and the way the world works. Furthermore, a company can’t price something so that it’ll be perfectly affordable for anyone in the world who is interested. It’s not their fault that you have ridiculous customs fees, but more to the point: the pieces you’re pricing out are over a decade old. When I come across a statue I want, but can’t afford to import it because I have to go through third party channels and the price tag keeps getting bigger, I don’t buy it. Simple.

Bottom line: it’s an amazing piece that is going to sell. Easily.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #58
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
It's 10K now, not 11K. Sideshow one is 6K NOT 5k, and the 1st CC one was $7500 3 years ago. The SS one is not even in the same league, plus that one will eventually destroy itself due to low quality materials and design that causes leaning. Even the old original real chrome SS one isn't comparable to this, I know, I have one of them.
Quote:
HCG one was very well done for the time, apart from the teeth which seem to be a stumbling block on most endos anyway. The later Sideshow reissues were not the same quality, but I had one of the real original 500 and it was a great piece.

Also, stop complaining about your weak currency, I see it in a lot of threads and honestly nobody cares. Manufacturers can't price these cheaper just to make up for your low value money and idiotic taxes. Plus I thought you said you were rich anyway?
Chronicles spokesman has entered the building everyone, to straighten things out...

Chris
Old 01-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #59
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
It's 10K now, not 11K. Sideshow one is 6K NOT 5k, and the 1st CC one was $7500 3 years ago. The SS one is not even in the same league, plus that one will eventually destroy itself due to low quality materials and design that causes leaning. Even the old original real chrome SS one isn't comparable to this, I know, I have one of them.
So, you already have CC's latest full size endoskeleton?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:53 PM   #60
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Chronicles spokesman has entered the building everyone, to straighten things out...

Chris
Someone has to balance out the green troll that lurks here and keeps saying he won't be back yet never goes away.