Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #61
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Those youtube videos are ridiculous. I remember joking around a little bit with my friends when I was waiting to go into my brothers funeral. I even said "why are we laughing?" at one point. It was just nervous tension, and looking for a distraction rather than thinking about what was going to happen next. In fact, when I was 12 a friend of mine died in an accident, and me and another friend were joking after the funeral when we were walking home, again a release of tension type thing. Not sinister or inappropriate, just human nature to go through a range of emotions.
You don't have children, you don't know what it's like to loose one. I have two and wouldn't be able to even crack a smile or do publicity shots after the death of one.
And for being paranoid, I'm not...but I worry.
Especially when I see China telling America we shouldn't own guns.
And the foxes guarding the hen house agree with them.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #62
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
While we can debate the why and the how of the stats below, the reality is that something is off somewhere. All this to say that people kill people, not guns.

How about you come and visit me for a week and bring your kids? I have a daughter and son and they'd love the company. We can go to the West side of Chicago or maybe travel up Detroit and you can see for yourself what's wrong, instead of speculating and posting statistics inside your home in a relatively safe upper scale atmosphere.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #63
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

So what do you want to see, mortuary shots of dead kids on the slab to "prove" it?

That poster is a little out of date too, it has West Germany on it.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #64
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
And for being paranoid, I'm not...but I worry.
Not paranoid????? You're kidding right? The fact that you blame the tragedy on a government conspiracy sickens me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Fact: The government can and will stage false flag attacks to blame its enemies and centralize power. This is true throughout human history.
I have almost lost a child and let me tell you, your emotions are going all over the place, sometimes you don't even know where the f*ck you are so unless you have been in that situation, don't think that you can tell a parent how they should act.

And as to this whole situation, is gun control the answer? No but this situation is not just a simple answer. It is an elephant and how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I dare anyone here to explain to me why someone walking in off the street should have a semi-automatic machine gun in their home? Are we going to ban all guns? No, but the NRA and other people like that are going to start to spread those rumors to get people worked up when we should be looking at what types of guns people should have access to? Will it fix all the problems? No, but at least it might take care of some. This is a series of things that need to be fixed, it's not just one answer.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #65
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I am pro 2nd amendment and a law abiding citizen with firearms my whole adult life. I keep them secure and under my control. I train with a cop friend sometimes, who introduced me to firearms so long ago. I am not the problem nor are my rights nor are the tens of millions of other armed Americans that prove their responsiblity daily with the silience of their firearms daily unless at the range or hunting.

We are not the problem.

The criminals are the problem.

There are more then enough gun laws, tens of thousands of them.

We have some fundamental problems
in America that if not dealt with, it won't matter what you attmept to ban or how many new regulations get passed.

It's time to face them.

You go to the root of the problem, not the inanimate objects. This is a human being problem. I've yet to see an inanimate object get up by itself and hurt anyone.

There is not enough being allowed for basic security.
Gun free zones are failures.

We are not doing enough for stopping the things that allow a child from growing up into a criminal in the first place.

We are not doing enough to see that mentally ill people are properly looked after and followed up on.

Our justice system is failing to protect us by allowing existing criminals to be released and becoming threats yet again like just happened today with the firemen.

Without action on the above, nothing will change.
Bans are not going to matter and politically difficult anyways.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #66
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

arizona is now working on a CC law for educators. ive talked with my wife regarding the "security" at her school. its ridiculous. after the break, im planning on speaking to the school district superintendent about how lax it is at the school where 3/4 of my family go 5 days a week. not safe. not only that, my wife is now in charge of checking a bathroom for children in a main hallway at the school in case of a "lockdown", putting her directly in harms way and away from her classroom. THAT, i will be discussing with her schools principal after the break. unbelievable.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #67
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I am pro 2nd amendment and a law abiding citizen with firearms my whole adult life. I keep them secure and under my control. I train with a cop friend sometimes, who introduced me to firearms so long ago. I am not the problem nor are my rights nor are the tens of millions of other armed Americans that prove their responsiblity daily with the silience of their firearms daily unless at the range or hunting.

We are not the problem.

The criminals are the problem.

There are more then enough gun laws, tens of thousands of them.

We have some fundamental problems
in America that if not dealt with, it won't matter what you attmept to ban or how many new regulations get passed.

It's time to face them.

You go to the root of the problem, not the inanimate objects. This is a human being problem. I've yet to see an inanimate object get up by itself and hurt anyone.

There is not enough being allowed for basic security.
Gun free zones are failures.

We are not doing enough for stopping the things that allow a child from growing up into a criminal in the first place.

We are not doing enough to see that mentally ill people are properly looked after and followed up on.

Our justice system is failing to protect us by allowing existing criminals to be released and becoming threats yet again like just happened today with the firemen.

Without action on the above, nothing will change.
Bans are not going to matter and politically difficult anyways.
So do I hear a suggestion in there?