Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 02-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Philfx
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'll give them a week to reply with payment from my last reminder then I'll try calling them and if that fails I'll get legal advise and take it from there. Yeah I always always tend to get full payment before handing the work over but in this case I thought the company was honourable and trustworthy... If the worst case happens I'll advise the Mods on here and a few other sites, that the company uses about whats happened and they might be able to encourage them in the right direction... I know they do rely on good publicity etc and if they know their name might get dragged through the mud that might be the push they need.

My suspicion is they are stalling me for time coz the project needs completing from "other quarters" before it becomes completely viable project...i.e. costume needs designing and the accessories and tweaks here and there. But that said, I did what I was asked to do... sculpt the head, and they were happy enough to agree to pay me (emails prove this case). I just think its a bit bad as I invested quite a bit of my time doing when I could have been doing something else equally productive and definitely getting paid.... so its impacted on my earnings for that particular month.
Philfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #12
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

sorry to hear about this Phil,
i think what everyone else said and what you just posted is the best thing to do. def give them a call and get a definite answer. and if they dont follow though with their answer. then i think what you just said about threatening to dragging their name though the mud would get them to follow though. is a good thing they are in your county too. because you can take legal action against them if they keep dodging you..
next time def ask for 1/2 up front and then 1/2 before delivery.

hope things work out for bud.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote