Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
HankTheTurtle
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Pasta Rollers

I'm looking to get a new pasta roller, as my Nicole brand roller has pretty much conked out. I guess that's what I get for ten bucks.

Are there any suggestions of brands to go with? I'm not looking to spent a whole hell of a lot, but I would like something sturdy and dependable, maybe with one of those cutting attachments. Any help all you talented people could give me would be very much apreciated.
HankTheTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
HankTheTurtle
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Anyone???
HankTheTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

I don't have any specific recommendations, but a quick search for "pasta roller" on Ebay turns up quite a few options, many of which are economical.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Andreww
Sculptor
Sculptor

I don't know any particular brand names off hand but I do knowone thing. Don't buy a cheap one!!!! Like say from Michael's or any other craft store that sells them in the clay dept. The one's I brought there have been lousy. Go to a good kitchen supply store. They can be pretty expensive but well worth it.

Andrew
Andreww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
gomur
The Tick

FYI total novice here. Instead of starting a brand new thread, I thought I'd add to this one.

I'm thinking about customizing a statue, and sculpting long flowing hair will be a big part of it. I've seen videos with sculptors using rollers to great effect, and I was wondering if anyone here has a roller they would highly recommend? A brand that can be readily purchased at a name store, Amazon, or eBay would be best.

And on the topic of rollers, is there any restriction on the type of clay being used. In other words, is there any clay that you absolutely do not roll because it will damage the roller or the clay itself?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote