Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

» Spotlight
DGK Damtoys Carnotarus Bust DGK Damtoys Allosaurus Red Bust DGK Damtoys Styracosaurus Green Bust Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #1731
Hunter Frost
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
Hunter Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rooftops and alleyways of Chicago
Posts: 780
There goes that double post again!
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #1732
vudoo1979
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
vudoo1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,665
I love her rockabilly look!! Love it!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #1733
bionicbigfoot
Frackin!
 
bionicbigfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 24
I do too. It almost begs a new themed line based on early Rock n Roll as its less 40s WWII pinup in my mind at least. In any case I want it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
I love her rockabilly look!! Love it!!
bionicbigfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #1734
OhHaiMark
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
OhHaiMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 210
They appear to have taken inspiration from the physique of her Bishoujo figure...
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #1735
vudoo1979
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
vudoo1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbigfoot View Post
I do too. It almost begs a new themed line based on early Rock n Roll as its less 40s WWII pinup in my mind at least. In any case I want it!
Love that idea!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #1736
Rom-El
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
Rom-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 408
I got the Supergirl bust from Zavvi (they had it drastically reduced). Nice colours and design but (you're right Gothamite!) the paint is sloppy, especially the eyes (more cross-eyed) compared with the prototype. It's much more prominent when looking up close on the shelf, which is making me consider not displaying it. Still, it was practically in the bargain bin.

Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #1737
Gothamite
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
I got the Supergirl bust from Zavvi (they had it drastically reduced). Nice colours and design but (you're right Gothamite!) the paint is sloppy, especially the eyes (more cross-eyed) compared with the prototype. It's much more prominent when looking up close on the shelf, which is making me consider not displaying it. Still, it was practically in the bargain bin.
I've seen worse, especially the ones with smeared lipstick. They look like Supergirl's been snogging.
Gothamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #1738
Rom-El
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
Rom-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I've seen worse, especially the ones with smeared lipstick. They look like Supergirl's been snogging.


I've decided to still display it, just on a very high shelf!
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:57 PM   #1739
Gothamite
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
Spoiler

Gothamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:42 PM   #1740
Gothamite
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,871
Huntress 360 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5J5jSpg7kM





Gothamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com