Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #101
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Right here, put me down for one, even though a little disappointed by the PJ from what I can see.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:21 AM   #102
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Right here, put me down for one, even though a little disappointed by the PJ from what I can see.
Nice man! I agree, lots of the great details are missing. And the brown paint blending. But still looks awesome.

I can’t be for certain but I think this may be a little bigger than 1/3. The height spec says 28 inches. 1/3 Big Chap spec is 32 inches, I believe. Even with the long dome positioned that way, I think it’s too tall for 1/3. In this case, I think bigger is definitely better if that’s the case. Perhaps you or anyone who gets this can measure from the feet to hip/butt height to be for certain. You would get a definitive scale of this. Hope you can post some pics and let us know about Mamegyorai packaging and your experience with them, MKUltra

The more I look at this, I WANT. May have to sell off some pieces to get this.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:08 PM   #103
BurningRage
Inhumans

Sideshow site shows Aug-Oct release.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #104
clutch
Sailor Moon

From Apr-May. What a bunch of crap. I think its a scam. Get people to send us money based on bs release estimate. We invest that money and make more money while we bump the bs release date.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #105
clutch
Sailor Moon

Well it looks like they ran into some production problems:

https://mamegyorai-alien-project.blo...05/13.html?m=1

Sounds like the dome is removable and the cranium patterns are decals? The PVC comment bugs me. It sounds like you will have to glue the dome on in order for it not to fall forward. They have theirs held down with double-sided tape...

Roughly translated Japanese:

2019/05/08
【Everyone who made a reservation】 Big Chap 1/3 scale statue apology for postponement of release, report on current conditions
TAGSAlien Big Chap
It is Harada. I am really sorry for the update being overdue.
It's been a long time being, but it's very painful, but we have postponed the release of the Big Chap 1/3 scale statue.
Overlap, sorry ....

Of course, production at the factory is already progressing steadily.
However, it turned out that it took much more time than expected to reach the required quality.
Slowly, slowly and carefully, integrated production is in progress.
When I started making it, I realized for the first time that it would take several times longer than usual to finish it.
The estimate of time was sweet ......
The release schedule has been extended further, and it was decided to postpone it to July.

If you talk a little about it,
usually, the production of this family will be determined by the number of commissions = the number of workers who will pay.
In other words, the faster you finish, the more money you earn.

However, the production of this big chap is on an hourly basis.
Workers are not in a hurry and work slowly and carefully, the more money they earn.
It is a judgment that it will be completed sooner as a result, rather than being reworked to do the rough work to earn the number.
Workers' motivation is also good, but at the same time the pace will fall.

That way is one of the reasons for the postponement.
The whole thing is a really spectacular finish, so please understand how ....

As I mentioned in Nico, I used the technique of reproducing the whole "Giger line" in print and repeating the airbrush from above to get familiar.

The head is the easiest to understand.
This line is not an airbrushed line but a print.
You might be worried if you hear the print (I was also at first resisting), but with confidence I can say "I'm fine!"
I would like you to see the actual thing quickly.

Because it is a corner, I will also show you the data of the pattern of the head in a large format behavior.
Based on the outline made by the factory, I made it based on Fujimoto's Decomass and the actual prop photo.

I think that making data from a mania point of view so far can not be seen easily elsewhere. Repeating trial and error, I am proud that I became a very fine line.

These two photographs are separate bodies, but can you see that the lines are drawn in the same way in the sun?
Thanks to the adoption of the print, I can reproduce the strength of the complex lines without difficulty, I think that individual differences are suppressed at a considerable level.

In the sample of the exhibition so far, the tail is 2 parts and I received an opinion that the dividing line is anxious.
It was a pose that the tail was lying on the floor, so grounding with the pedestal was a problem, but the plant worked hard and cleared it. It becomes one part in the product version.

For food, we need to report that there are problems we have not solved.

The question is whether it can be removed or not.
I personally want to be removable!
I think that it is the same thought if it is not only me but a mania.

However, it is only necessary for this bent big chap to raise the jaw a little, but it loses gravity because it is so depressed that the tip of the nose is slightly floated ......

Decomass hood uses transparent resin.
I think many people know, but unfortunately, transparent resin has the fate of shrinking over time. So I had to forgo adoption in the product version.

I tried a variety of materials, but in most cases I have to give up the "food hood side bulge" which is the most important point of the big chop.
The ABS, which had once been at the forefront, was also rejected because of that.
The reverse taper does not come out of the mold at high hardness ABS.

We examined all kinds of materials such as polycarbonate and PET by blow molding. I thought of vacuum molding like an actual prop, but I could see wrinkles in the "shrinkage" part of the side.

Finally, we chose PVC molding using a slide mold.

The advantage is that the form is perfect.
The disadvantage is that it is too thin to ensure its hardness.

If it is hard, the hood can hold the pipe on the cheekbone, but if the hardness is increased, the hood becomes muddy and brownish.

There is such a problem, and the mass products lined up in the photo are currently spotted with double-sided tape on the nose.

You don't have to worry if you glue it ... but you want to remove it ......

I think some people think that they are still doing something like this.
Really sorry…….

For the specifications of the hood, for now, until now.
We will report again later.

Together with the apology for the postponement, it was the current report.
We do our best to make products that are not regrettable.
Sorry, but please wait for a while ......
We will always deliver something good.

Thank you very much.

◆ Harada Preskin
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #106
Python
Omega Red

There's a definite language barrier there I'm sure. It's worded as if to say "we tried, but can't attach the dome, so sorry..." But I imagine it means they are still researching the best way to do it. If PVC is the best material for the dome, then so be it. But if they are having to make it thinner than expected, they should probably put a spare dome in every box just in case.

Still really want this, still can't bring myself to pay so much for it.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #107
cratercritter
The Spirit

These 'Mamegyorai' guys are perfectionists and understandably they are feeling the pain of mass production. Better to have delays and get it all done to a reasonably high standard.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #108
ALIEN
Sinister Six

I admire the honesty, they are obviously trying there best but running into problems.

I still think it's going to be one incredible piece but like so many others the price has held me back as into the UK it's now over 2 grand (pounds).

Give them benefit of the doubt, it's a big undertaking for them which they are now realising.
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #109
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Any updates on this?
dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #110
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Currently Waitlisted.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote