Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

» Spotlight
DGK Damtoys Carnotarus Bust DGK Damtoys Allosaurus Red Bust DGK Damtoys Styracosaurus Green Bust Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2019, 10:21 PM   #231
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
SteveL.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Itís easy to figure out, just plug in your box weight and dimension to ups ground calculator - thatís your retail price.

Most small business who ships a few items a day gets 50% off retail with their ups accounts, I have that. Amazon gets about 80%+ off the retail rates I know because I also in their fba seller program that can use amazon rates to ship. Sideshow is probably in between my guess is around 65-75% off retail rates, they have huge volume.

They jacked up the shipping since last year significantly - a PF box now cost $50+ to east coast used to be $30, but ups didnít increase their rates anywhere close to that much, like a few bucks only.

P1 shipping rates from sideshow per above posts just seem completely insane. $120 per box to east coast via ups ground? Laughable....
UPS and FedEX and USPS have all changed their DIM weight formula since last year.That results in higher rates for the same size packages a year earlier. Online shipping calculators are not going to tell you what these companies have to actually pay to ship your items. You can't find that info using that method.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:32 PM   #232
Cmac
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
UPS and FedEX and USPS have all changed their DIM weight formula since last year.That results in higher rates for the same size packages a year earlier. Online shipping calculators are not going to tell you what these companies have to actually pay to ship your items. You can't find that info using that method.
It's not about what it cost them to send it. Any company that does large amounts of shipping will get tiered discounts.

What I want to know is if what they are charging is accurate to the base shipping price. When you login to UPS or FedEx, they give you the base shipping charge based off dimensions and weight. They then apply discounts based off your company profile.

Sideshow may have well been giving discounts to shipping prior to recently; or maybe they were not. A lot of charges have gone up recently. That said, I'm having trouble believing what they are charging to send 2 boxes to the east coast is the same as what Prime 1 charges to send by mail halfway around the world. Sideshow may be overcharging or Prime 1 may be undercharging, but I want to know and not just pay something blindly.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #233
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
SteveL.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
It's not about what it cost them to send it. Any company that does large amounts of shipping will get tiered discounts.

What I want to know is if what they are charging is accurate to the base shipping price. When you login to UPS or FedEx, they give you the base shipping charge based off dimensions and weight. They then apply discounts based off your company profile.

Sideshow may have well been giving discounts to shipping prior to recently; or maybe they were not. A lot of charges have gone up recently. That said, I'm having trouble believing what they are charging to send 2 boxes to the east coast is the same as what Prime 1 charges to send by mail halfway around the world. Sideshow may be overcharging or Prime 1 may be undercharging, but I want to know and not just pay something blindly.
You aren't going to get "accurate" info that way. Trying to guesstimate without accurate data won't allow you to prove anything one way or the other. The accurate information is only known between SS and the shipping carriers.

Good luck trying to prove that they are illegally overcharging for shipping using guesstimates of what you think the cost is vs. what they charge, without any actual accurate data.

That's never going to fly.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:57 PM   #234
Phoenixblazes
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
You aren't going to get "accurate" info that way. Trying to guesstimate without accurate data won't allow you to prove anything one way or the other. The accurate information is only known between SS and the shipping carriers.

Good luck trying to prove that they are illegally overcharging for shipping using guesstimates of what you think the cost is vs. what they charge, without any actual accurate data.

That's never going to fly.
The only thing weíll be able to find out is how much it would cost the collector to send the parcel themselves. Essentially a price ceiling, but as you said nothing much else.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:37 AM   #235
chavez553
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
chavez553's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 480
We wonít need to prove anything. Sideshow already proves their shady business practices themselves. If your customer base suspects youíre doing something, then they are probably doing something. Everything they do seems shady. Itís one thing to maximize your business to the fullest, cutting extreme corners, but when youíre a company like Sideshow and it comes to losing money, you start doing even more shady ----. Illegal ----.

If you canít believe theyíre skimming off the shipping, week answer me this, why the hell does a massive company like Sideshow (with what Iím sure is a giant warehouse) doesnít have a will call?? You have a freaking warehouse with no will call for local customers to pick up their items?? If they charge high shipping and they have no will call for local customers, if thatís not even remotely suspicious, I donít know what is..

To me, Sideshow, the massive collectibles company, is operating like a Dotcom company from the 00s

No ----ing joke.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #236
chavez553
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
chavez553's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 480
Does anyone know Sideshows net worth?
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #237
Cmac
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
You aren't going to get "accurate" info that way. Trying to guesstimate without accurate data won't allow you to prove anything one way or the other. The accurate information is only known between SS and the shipping carriers.

Good luck trying to prove that they are illegally overcharging for shipping using guesstimates of what you think the cost is vs. what they charge, without any actual accurate data.

That's never going to fly.
What's not accurate? If you have the actual dimensions and weight, you should be able to get a shipping charge. There is no guessing. Base shipping charges can be calculated. The pricing tier is something else, but I'm not concerned about that.

If Sideshow's charges are higher than what I get plugging the numbers into the system, there's a problem.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #238
BlackestNight
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
We wonít need to prove anything. Sideshow already proves their shady business practices themselves. If your customer base suspects youíre doing something, then they are probably doing something. Everything they do seems shady. Itís one thing to maximize your business to the fullest, cutting extreme corners, but when youíre a company like Sideshow and it comes to losing money, you start doing even more shady ----. Illegal ----.

If you canít believe theyíre skimming off the shipping, week answer me this, why the hell does a massive company like Sideshow (with what Iím sure is a giant warehouse) doesnít have a will call?? You have a freaking warehouse with no will call for local customers to pick up their items?? If they charge high shipping and they have no will call for local customers, if thatís not even remotely suspicious, I donít know what is..

To me, Sideshow, the massive collectibles company, is operating like a Dotcom company from the 00s

No ----ing joke.
No "Will call" is common. The company would than need to insure itself for onsite customers which is a huge increase over standard office / warehouse insurance, way more liability.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #239
Blacksunn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
Blacksunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Does anyone know Sideshows net worth?
Private company, so no...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #240
ukshaun
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Does anyone know Sideshows net worth?
Their worth in nets? fishing nets for example..
Probably quite a bit
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com