Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #21
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Yeah, and I cant believe youre actually comparing the loss of a human life to torturing dogs. I dont care if its an accident or not. A HUMAN lost their life because of negligence - that trumps any dogs' deaths, I dont care if you effed 'em and took 'em out dancing beforehand.
You're attempting to sidetrack the issue. The subject of this thread is that my "hometown" team, the Eagles, signed Michael Vick.

Michael Vick ALLOWED dogs to be tortured & killed. Would you want him on YOUR team? Personally, I want him thrown into a pit full of starving dogs.

Al
Old 08-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #22
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
Society wasn't tortured. He should have to hold down a job in an animal shelter in addition to Football. If he loses the Shelter job, he loses his spot on the team. We need to stop forgiving idiots that do things like he did, and make an example that sticks, otherwise it'll just get worse. How quickly would you forgive him if he killed your dog? I'd forgive him with a hammer to the kneecaps.

I'm pretty sure that you have some dirty things in your closet. That I'm for sure that you would not want anyone to know about. Like they say, sinners are the first one to cast stones...

I don't care what you did. If, you done something wrong. You would want forgiveness, and a chance to get back to work, and earn a honest living for you and your family. I guess if you committed a crime you would think of yourself like you think of Vick?

NO...

Every person deserve a second chance to get it right. I'm almost positive that you are not perfect person and done everything right in your life.

So, please tell why he doesn't deserve a second chance.

If that was one of my dogs that he fought/killed. 18 month later I'm pretty sure that I would be ready to move on with life and forgive the man.

Life goes on...

Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #23
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
I'm glad he'll have another chance to work. I hope he makes the best of it.

On another note...Dante Stallworth (Cleveland Browns) can kill someone drunk driving and do 60 days in jail, and Vick gets almost 2 years for dogs...hmmm...WTF?!?!?!?!?
24 days in jail.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #24
ansel39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
True, but I'm anti Vick.

It's cool though I'm a huge Brady fan and since I already know the Brids have no chance. I'll be pulling for Brady to get another ring. Last year the Steelers and Cardinals were just lucky as the Pats weren't in.
they were lucky that the pats were in it. not sure it was luck the pats did not make the playoffs end of story.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #25
IronLungs31

Quote:
I'm glad he'll have another chance to work. I hope he makes the best of it.

On another note...Dante Stallworth (Cleveland Browns) can kill someone drunk driving and do 60 days in jail, and Vick gets almost 2 years for dogs...hmmm...WTF?!?!?!?!?
I guess that society thinks of a dogs life more important than a human life.

What a joke!

2 years for some dogs!

Old 08-14-2009, 03:03 AM   #26
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Killing someone while drunk driving = a HORRIBLE, irresponsible, beyond words, error of judgement.

Knowingly allowing "people" to have a grand ol' time torturing & killing dogs on your property = sadistic & PURE evil.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:08 AM   #27
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

If you have a dog, all you need to do is think about this....

Michael Vick's "boyz" steal your dog & throw them into a ring to be torn apart by dogs bred to kill. They all sit around laughing & swilling beer & gambling on the outcome. Michael Vick ALLOWS this to go on.

Now, how do you feel?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #28
ansel39

i think what he did was vile and horendous but he went to prison served his time by that he should be able to his life. when i was 5 my dad went to prison he got out when i was 9. my mom passed when i was 10 if he was not allowed to work he could not have taken care of my sister and I. the courts gave him a sentence he served it. his right to pursue a fruitful life from this point should not be blocked
Old 08-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #29
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i dont car ewhat he did cause it has nothing to do wiht me. eagle fans wil llove him if he wins and hate him if he loses
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 AM   #30
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Yeah, and I cant believe youre actually comparing the loss of a human life to torturing dogs. I dont care if its an accident or not. A HUMAN lost their life because of negligence - that trumps any dogs' deaths, I dont care if you effed 'em and took 'em out dancing beforehand.
we're comparing a conscience and heinous act done repeatedly for profit over a one-time ignorant decision that caused accidental death.

only you are comparing human life to a dog's life, which isn't what the debate is about. it's already implied that a human life is worth more than a dog's life. if given the opportunity to take back the wrong, barring prosecution and financial downfall, who would be more likely to be sorry for his actions? certainly not vick. his hollow apologies were only an attempt to get his employment and finances back, and certainly not because he actually feels sorry for his actions. if he felt compassion for his victims, he wouldn't have done what he did in the first place.

getting back to whether vick deserves a second chance. in life, yes. in the nfl, NO! looks like the nfl is the new nba. they obviously don't care about public perception of the organization anymore.
Closed Thread