Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

» Spotlight
DGK Prime 1 Kin. Robin DGK Prime 1 Kin. Suguru Tweeterhead Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #11
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Super Moderator
 
Nidgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Awe-strail-ya
Posts: 10,644
This is the one really frustrating thing about collecting these Mondo prints. The JRD Robocop only just went up for sale. I emailed the artist and just missed out (I did however get the CO84). Within a day, this $40 print is being flipped on eBay for $349

http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Rheem-...#ht_2315wt_689

I don't mind paying a premium for some of the older, sort after prints, and I don't even mind paying a bit of a markup on eBay, but from $40 to $340 in 24 hours
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
FROBAY
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
FROBAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
This is the one really frustrating thing about collecting these Mondo prints. The JRD Robocop only just went up for sale. I emailed the artist and just missed out (I did however get the CO84). Within a day, this $40 print is being flipped on eBay for $349

http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Rheem-...#ht_2315wt_689

I don't mind paying a premium for some of the older, sort after prints, and I don't even mind paying a bit of a markup on eBay, but from $40 to $340 in 24 hours
Damn. The big deal is its the variant. Only 33 made. I doubt we see very many of these for sale. The guy ebaying this used the reg robo picture. No blue on the variant. The variant was 75$ retail.

Congrats on the C084. Its badass.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better
 
Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: O-H-I-O!!
Posts: 5,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I don't mind paying a premium for some of the older, sort after prints, and I don't even mind paying a bit of a markup on eBay, but from $40 to $340 in 24 hours
and that's why I haven't bought more prints
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Super Moderator
 
Nidgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Awe-strail-ya
Posts: 10,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Damn. The big deal is its the variant. Only 33 made. I doubt we see very many of these for sale. The guy ebaying this used the reg robo picture. No blue on the variant. The variant was 75$ retail.

Congrats on the C084. Its badass.
Thanks mate. Yeah . . . the guy mixed up his variant description with regular pic, but either way, it's a massive mark-up. Would be like someone listing a SS Joker PF on ebay for $2K ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
and that's why I haven't bought more prints
It's a pain in tha . . . . guess I'll have to learn to be a bit quicker on the draw
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
FROBAY
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
FROBAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Thanks mate. Yeah . . . the guy mixed up his variant description with regular pic, but either way, it's a massive mark-up. Would be like someone listing a SS Joker PF on ebay for $2K ????



It's a pain in tha . . . . guess I'll have to learn to be a bit quicker on the draw
YEP
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Super Moderator
 
Nidgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Awe-strail-ya
Posts: 10,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
You didnt miss much, I just got mine and he used a poser tube that fits them exactly with no room to spare. Most of these will be returned to him because of the dings on the edges. He crammed these into a tiny poster tube. LOL. Guess thats what happens when an Artist tries to pack his own sh1t.
That sux . . . who knows then, I might be able to pick up one at half price now
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
FROBAY
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
FROBAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,733
Ordered these today, should see them in a week or so.

Evil Dead Variant (Dawn) Silkscreen Art Print




"Evil Dead" Regular (Dusk) Silkscreen Art Print





18 x 24, 3 color screen print, printed on sturdy, black French Paper card stock



9 x 24, 4 color screen print, printed on sturdy, black French Paper card stock. Signed and numbered.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Super Moderator
 
Nidgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Awe-strail-ya
Posts: 10,644
Ohhh, I like this one . . . where did you order that one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post

18 x 24, 3 color screen print, printed on sturdy, black French Paper card stock

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #19
FROBAY
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
FROBAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Ohhh, I like this one . . . where did you order that one ?
HERE, sharing is in my nature http://london1888.bigcartel.com/products
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
johnclone
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
johnclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: caught somewhere in time
Posts: 13,727
Well that does it, I'll have nightmares about Corey Feldman now.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com