Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

» Spotlight
DGK Prime 1 Kin. Robin DGK Prime 1 Kin. Suguru Tweeterhead Current Interview:

Old 05-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #931
pdenham
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
If you have a good seam, even high up you don't see it until you get up close.

I have her on the top shelf of a detolf and you can't see the seam, so I think the people complaining are stretching for reasons to hate the statue.
Or could it be that most people simply don't have a good seam?

From memory, mine looks more like drivingdutchman's.
There is just enough space there to be able press the head down tighter with your finger and make the seam slightly tighter.

There is also some flesh paint misted a bit on her blue trunks. It was on the back a** cheek, which would never be visible for any display angle I would use so I figured what's the point of saying anything.

Mine was one of, if not the last, EX they had to go out, so it was either keep it and try to enjoy what I like about it, or kiss the statue goodbye entirely since I had no stomach to further roll the dice with seams on a less enticing regular.
I ended up keeping it because, as people can see from most of the photos posted previously, it's a gorgeous statue.
As long as you don't have to look at it from certain angles.

Just like the Tweeterhead Supergirl, now that I think about it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #932
Omegaplex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I've seen a couple pictures people have posted where the seam is very minimal, but I've also seen some that look somebody tried to garrote her. Those are flat out ugly. I don't know of any place that is safe to buy this statue, that would let me return it if the seam is a train wreck, much less do it multiple times, if necessary, until I get one that is acceptable. I don't want to roll the dice and get stuck with one that makes me cringe every time I look at it. A piece this beautiful should not have a catastrophically bad viewing angle, and getting one with a gnarly seam, even displayed from an angle where it isn't seen, wouldn't necessarily ruin my enjoyment of the statue, but it would ruin my satisfaction of owning it, if that makes sense... I mean, I have a $40 Wonder Woman statue that I can view from any angle without grimacing. It's nowhere near this good of course, but nor does it have the Jekyll and Hyde of this statue going on either.

So the million dollar question is... where can you buy one that will let you return them until you get one that's good? I usually shop at bbts, but my understanding is that unless it's broken, they're going to say too bad. I've never shopped at spec fiction, but I reached out several times by email with some questions, and never got a single response, so their customer service has already turned me off.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #933
Karnis
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Now you know why, all the way back on post #394, I got the first ugly seam, boxed it up after five minutes and returned it to SS for a full refund. The choice of putting the seam on the neck ruined what should have been a perfect statue. Now it's known more for the seam than the piece itself.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote