Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-17-2020, 04:13 PM   #841
grphyx1
Kingpin

From FB today:

"Hey folks,
Some of you on the payment plan for Catwoman and Hordak's minion may have received a message telling you your order was cancelled. Partial.ly had an issue this morning with out back office and it triggered out site to mark some of the payment plans as cancelled.
Don't worry, your order is intact and nothing has happened to your deposit or your scheduled payments.
We are correcting the order status now but it will take a few hours.
If you have any questions, please email tweeterhead@tweeterhead.
Sorry about this mishap. And THANKS to the few folks that brought this to our attention."
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #842
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmbeyond View Post
well said
ditto...I appreciate Nolan's serious take on Batman, but I like some fun too. I'm trying to picture a Nolan Clayface...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
I’d have to go Nolan because I liked 2 out of 3 as opposed to 1 of 2 of Burton’s.

While the styles are obviously worlds apart, the focus of each director was very different too. Nolan’s trilogy looked much closer at Batman/Bruce’s journey whereas Burton was far more interested in the villains’ story.

I never really understood the appeal of Burton’s Catwoman - always seemed a very odd characterisation to me. Definitely prefer Nolan’s, but, in my opinion, they were both stuck in movies that weren’t great. I would’ve liked to see Nolan’s Selina introduced earlier to give her more time to develop.
Good point. Returns was more of a showcase for the villains. Yeah, would've been nice to see more of Hathaway's Selina/Catwoman.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #843
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi everyone,

Keen for your thoughts. I have pre ordered this on a payment plan however have started to have doubts on whether i continue or not (knowing I will lose my initial deposit). Has anyone else second guessed after placing their deposit for this?
I keep flipping thinking it’s the greatest statue ever and I must need it, to thinking maybe I shouldn’t and it’s too much lol

Just curious on others.. I’m sure if you all tell me how much you want this and think it’s the best I’ll get back on track ��
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:45 PM   #844
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Hi everyone,

Keen for your thoughts. I have pre ordered this on a payment plan however have started to have doubts on whether i continue or not (knowing I will lose my initial deposit). Has anyone else second guessed after placing their deposit for this?
I keep flipping thinking it’s the greatest statue ever and I must need it, to thinking maybe I shouldn’t and it’s too much lol

Just curious on others.. I’m sure if you all tell me how much you want this and think it’s the best I’ll get back on track ��
I want to want to want to want this so bad.....the face is ruining it for me tho. I want their first version catwoman. The face on that one is spot on. This one doesn't even come close and i don't understand why.

Even my $75 buck neca 1/4 catwoman has a better face than this.

Everything else is really really cool. Love the base and love the way she's laying but i don't understand why the face wouldn't be the same or better than the first version.
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #845
Philintheblank

Quote:
Hi everyone,

The way I'm reading your post it looks like you're saying that the deposit is the main reason you're not canceling. If that's the case then you probably have your answer. Better to lose $50 than $585 and end up with something you don't really want. I haven't second guessed this statue since POing, it's a beaut, but if you're having doubts I say either go with your gut or look at the pros and cons and go from there. That said, don't do it...don't ever do it...why would you do it?...you'll have the world screaming out redbloodedboy, why did you do it? do you not understand the gravity of your actions?...on the other hand...if you want, do it.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #846
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Something tells me if you cancel, you will regret it. You will love this in hand. And if you don’t, wait for the people who missed out to want it and sell it. It will happen just as it has with the others.

Also, I have no idea what Frank is talking about with the face being totally wrong. It’s not. It’s just not the crazy yelling face like the other - it looks like Pfeiffer. Much more than the Sideshow offering.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #847
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Something tells me if you cancel, you will regret it. You will love this in hand. And if you don’t, wait for the people who missed out to want it and sell it. It will happen just as it has with the others.

Also, I have no idea what Frank is talking about with the face being totally wrong. It’s not. It’s just not the crazy yelling face like the other - it looks like Pfeiffer. Much more than the Sideshow offering.
Not talking about Sideshow’s Catwoman. I was referring to Tweeterhead’s 1st Pfeiffer where she’s standing up atop the base with the same round face gothicesqe platform holding her whip.
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #848
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Hi everyone,

And I think Effie is trying to tell you that at the end of the day only you can say the words "I cancel".
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:51 PM   #849
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Hi everyone,

This is the thing.
they haven't announced the final production numbers for this piece. So...its going to be worthless!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:49 PM   #850
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And if you don’t, wait for the people who missed out to want it and sell it. It will happen just as it has with the others.
That's an option, but depending on what the ES is you might be waiting a while to break even.