Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2021, 01:32 PM   #271
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
Update on my Spinosaurus that would not key into the holes in the base:

After many emails back and forth with P1, they have reimbursed me 10% of the cost ($130) as reward points...Yay, I guess...they solved their problem by making me purchase more from them...They are unable to send me a new one because they don't have anymore due to the limited run (would've probably taken another 6 months to ship a new one anyway!).

No clue what to do with mine now. The foot will not go into the hole even after trying to use a hairdryer to warm it up. I am now stuck with this piece and may need to pull out the dremel to make it fit. Really sad that I paid so much for this poor quality and service.
You could always get someone to redo a hole to fit the base and get the original filled in
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #272
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:

After many emails back and forth with P1, they have reimbursed me 10% of the cost ($130) as reward points...Yay, I guess...they solved their problem by making me purchase more from them...They are unable to send me a new one because they don't have anymore due to the limited run (would've probably taken another 6 months to ship a new one anyway!).

No clue what to do with mine now. The foot will not go into the hole even after trying to use a hairdryer to warm it up. I am now stuck with this piece and may need to pull out the dremel to make it fit. Really sad that I paid so much for this poor quality and service.
Wished i could give it a shot. Im sure i would make it fit. Mine was the same and with some cursing and heat, i fixed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_174155.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	142771  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:28 AM   #273
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

That’s really poor customer service from P1 …..again!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:16 PM   #274
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The fact that is very hard to fit the spino into it’s position should not been even aceptable. Not for the huge amount of money paid. One more proof that P1 es downgrading its QC.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:29 PM   #275
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Wished i could give it a shot. Im sure i would make it fit. Mine was the same and with some cursing and heat, i fixed it.
I tried that with the bad leg on my Blue and it broke before it would begin to move...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #276
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
You could always get someone to redo a hole to fit the base and get the original filled in
That's not really an option unless you have someone local. Between shipping and actual repair it would be hundreds of dollars.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:36 AM   #277
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Got one on order myself, reckon drill a hole to get it to sit correctly then fill and blend the hole but admittedly, one should not need to do this at all. Arrival in the UK circa 2030 lol!!!

It's really a shame these things happen and I dont like to force any piece due to risk of breakage to best to be safe than sorry. The hole if opened up might not show much anyway once the foot is down.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #278
MATthemes
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Have you tried to heat the other leg?
Maybe a very strange thing... but I did the next trick with some statues (100% succes)... if you have a hot air oven... warm it up (120°c). And hold the legs in there.
Then when they are getting soft, put it on the base in the right position.
Try this first on a cheap statue like eaglemoss for example
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:53 AM   #279
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Well mine is due into the UK distributor end of this month and they are going to check the fitment of the feet into the stand so that worry is out of my hands. Look forward to seeing this in person, looks great.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:17 PM   #280
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Well the Spinosaurus has arrived undamaged and is a perfect fit onto the base no foot peg issues at all of any kind. Maybe its due to the shipment arriving in the autumn months so less heat issues. Its a great statue it has to be said, lovely piece and colors, well done Prime One!!! Very happy customer and great JP piece to add to the collection