Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 10-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #11
adee
Green Arrow

Honestly I couldn't care less but there is something about the sensationalizing of it that rubs me the wrong way.

Everyone trying to prove how woke they are. This isn't specific to this story but society as a whole. Comes off as disingenuous imo
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:41 AM   #12
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Honestly, I'm just happy they didn't do this with an old school character. I still think it's a stunt to get publicity/sales, but if they're going to do it then at least they're not doing it with a character like Kal-El, Bruce Wayne, etc.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #13
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

that post is gone-I do not know if the poster blocked me or if it was deleted but whatever happened thank you
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #14
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I think its fine. Comics have always dared to be the voice of pop culture and generational differences. This seems to be in line with that and the past lgbtq+ characters to come out like Green Lantern, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, etc. have all faced similar backlash at first. And why can’t t things be both? A cash grab and a way to give voice and representation to traditionally marginalized groups.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #15
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do not think that you are against it is you do not want to see it in a certain medium. This might be a bad example but I always hate when a soap opera (ok, love a good daytime and nighttime soap-pure escapism) do a storyline involving rape. They always go the same way it seems. However, even though I do not like them it that storyline can help a person who was the victim of rape cope and deal with it then it can help.

That is where I see this with both Jon Kent and Robin. Part of it I feel is a stunt by DC but on the flip side if it is helping a person or opening someone's eyes and attitude then that is not a bad thing.

When did I say that? Or, were you speaking about people in general?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:36 PM   #16
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Sorry I have a typo I meant to say I do not think you are against it if you do not want to see it in a certain medium I will go back and correct

I was just speaking in general and I was not pinpointing you so I hope you didn’t take offense to it and think that I was
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:47 PM   #17
Augen
Metal Men

I am curious how Clark takes the news. To me Superman is an avatar for the hopes and aspirations of our species. That north star we aspire to. He's earned that over nearly a century of stories.

My guess is Clark loves his son very much and will accept him for what he is and celebrate his happiness. Maybe you disagree, for me heroes make us reflect on our own values and who we want to be, whether we be young or old.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:25 AM   #18
Asgard
Deadman

It's not a new topic in the comic world.
Hasn't the subject already been covered in the Batman / Robin comics ? Since it was said now and then that the two are gay couple (There are many pages on the internet on this subject ).
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #19
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I don't have a problem with that as an adult straight man but if i had little kids who wanted to read the adventures of bisexual Superman... That would be a different case. The book should be under black label.

Black Label with Constatine in it. I want Contantine to own Superman. Constantine as the butch and Superman as the ----- xD HA HA

I want a statue of Constatine and Jon Superman. The pose is Jon Superman lies and hugs one of the legs of Constantine. Make it happen Prime 1. xD HA HA
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #20
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Found this article today. He will probably never work again with the current political climate. I'm sure there are already people calling for him to be cancelled.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/superman-...l?guccounter=1
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote