Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-21-2023, 11:23 AM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Sideshow waitlist

Hey guys,
I have a question, and I’m sure it?s been answered before but I actually can not remember what the answer was.
So I have a Mer-man that just got converted, it states that I only have until the 23rd to purchase him..yet when I add him to my cart it tells me the item cannot be added to cart.
Never had this issue before, I’ve always just been able to add it and pay.

So the question is is the waitlist conversion a first come first serve? Seems odd it would be since it’s giving me a deadline to purchase it. But again I’m not sure, so any help would be greatly appreciated…thanks
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:26 AM   #2
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Probably someone else bought him before you could.

The new waitlist, which is a huge downgrade from what we used to have, is they send out waitlist notices to a bunch of people. Basically, they just open up the item again to people who are on the waitlist and logged in, and whoever gets to the item(s) first, gets them.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #3
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Hey guys,
I have a question, and I?m sure it?s been answered before but I actually can not remember what the answer was.
So I have a Mer-man that just got converted, it states that I only have until the 23rd to purchase him..yet when I add him to my cart it tells me the item cannot be added to cart.
Never had this issue before, I?ve always just been able to add it and pay.

So the question is is the waitlist conversion a first come first serve? Seems odd it would be since it?s giving me a deadline to purchase it. But again I?m not sure, so any help would be greatly appreciated?thanks
It's first come first served. They send out the email now to everyone on the waitlist and the first person to add to cart and purchase it gets it. They do not send to the (oldest) first person waitlisted and hold it anymore like they used to.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:32 AM   #4
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Probably someone else bought him before you could.

The new waitlist, which is a huge downgrade from what we used to have, is they send out waitlist notices to a bunch of people. Basically, they just open up the item again to people who are on the waitlist and logged in, and whoever gets to the item(s) first, gets them.
Thanks. Didn?t even realize they updated it. As you stated definitely a downgrade for sure.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:35 AM   #5
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

The waitlist concept is misleading.

I was sent an email indicating that the recent Poison Ivy 250 ES PF was available now and that I HAD 24 HOURS TO MAKE A DECISION AND PURCHASE IT. What they DON'T tell you is that if YOU think you are the ONLY person that will send the email out to, you are sadly mistaken because not shortly almost 10 minutes after I received the email did I go and try to pre-order/purchase the statue was I told that it was no longer available.

So in just under 10 minutes, it was already gone.

To list and say that YOU have 24 hours to make a decision and purchase it is garbage.

What they should say is that THE WORLD that we send the email out to as it will be many other individuals to besides yourself will have that time to jump on it and yes......it will then be FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

Transparency is key in the success of credible business.

Keeping things 'vague' and open-ended or not being clear creates confusion, fear, anxiety and disloyalty.

Sorry you missed out on your piece. Trust me, I know what they sinking feeling is like and how quick my excitement level went from 100% to negative zero when I tried to get the statue within 9-10 minutes after getting the email. My chest sunk.

again........In my opinion.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:31 PM   #6
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
The waitlist concept is misleading.

I was sent an email indicating that the recent Poison Ivy 250 ES PF was available now and that I HAD 24 HOURS TO MAKE A DECISION AND PURCHASE IT. What they DON'T tell you is that if YOU think you are the ONLY person that will send the email out to, you are sadly mistaken because not shortly almost 10 minutes after I received the email did I go and try to pre-order/purchase the statue was I told that it was no longer available.

So in just under 10 minutes, it was already gone.

To list and say that YOU have 24 hours to make a decision and purchase it is garbage.

What they should say is that THE WORLD that we send the email out to as it will be many other individuals to besides yourself will have that time to jump on it and yes......it will then be FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

Transparency is key in the success of credible business.

Keeping things 'vague' and open-ended or not being clear creates confusion, fear, anxiety and disloyalty.

Sorry you missed out on your piece. Trust me, I know what they sinking feeling is like and how quick my excitement level went from 100% to negative zero when I tried to get the statue within 9-10 minutes after getting the email. My chest sunk.

again........In my opinion.

I don’t get the deadline at all..just say your waitlist has converted ,but this is a first come first serve conversion …so good luck.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:55 PM   #7
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I can't remember what item I was trying to buy, but I remember this happened to me too. I suppose that if they allowed people time to consider (in the order that they signed up), it could take weeks to sell the item if people changed their minds.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:55 PM   #8
qz33
Rescue

No the deadline is just for batches. They send out a timed availability notices to a batch of people on the waitlist. If that batch doesn't buy all of whatever is available by the deadline then there's another batch.

All of it is to decrease disappointment. instead of everyone getting a message at the same time saying 5 are available and having 100 waitlisters rush to the website for 95 of them to be disappointed they send notification to a smaller subset.

All depends on how many were available and how in demand a piece is if it is still available to you after your notice or not. Look at it this way you would have lost out either way.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:56 PM   #9
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

transparency and clarity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post

I don?t get the deadline at all..just say your waitlist has converted ,but this is a first come first serve conversion ?so good luck.

...equals integrity

.....and creates sincere and unbiased loyalty

For me....since I work from home, since that last gut wrenching let down of 9 minutes of a window that was clearly missed (as opposed to the advertised,...("YOU have up to 24 hours to make your decision/purchase.......as opposed to saying YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE has 24 hours.......),

I now find myself constantly refreshing my open page to the SS site showcasing the Poison Ivy statue and constantly refreshing my email at least 15 times daily during my 8 hour shift just so that if in the odd chance the statue comes from waitlist to converted again, I can potentially have a shot at this 250 ES statue.

Yea....."let's put the fun back in collecting."

Yea, because refreshing my page constantly and standing on pins and needles waiting for a potential conversion is lots of fun.

makes sense to me.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote