Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2020, 11:05 AM   #841
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
In a few months it may lean to match the proto
I hope you're right. But by that time it'll be too late to return it if it doesn't "auto-lean"©

Maybe I'll return and pick one up later.
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:15 PM   #842
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #843
slow17motion
The Spirit

The Flash is looking forward. The angle isn't bad. This place is becoming like Twitter with all of the bellyaching. We're at the point where we're complaining about leaning before a statue is ever released.

Twitter levels of nitpicking.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #844
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
The Flash is looking forward. The angle isn't bad. This place is becoming like Twitter with all of the bellyaching. We're at the point where we're complaining about leaning before a statue is ever released.

Twitter levels of nitpicking.
People are just joking for the most part... and SS did show the prototype leaning forward a lot more so of course you're going to get people that are disappointed that the production version didn't match the prototype...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #845
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
People are just joking for the most part... and SS did show the prototype leaning forward a lot more so of course you're going to get people that are disappointed that the production version didn't match the prototype...
I get that. And I wasn't excluding myself entirely either. I have my complaints, too.

Honestly, the only company I have any lasting negative feelings toward is Tweeterhead. They put out a decent product (most of the time--leaning Harley Quinn and botched Superman aside). However, I will NEVER order from their website again, nor will I do business with them directly. Sideshow, Iron Studios, Spec Fiction, and every other company I've dealt with (including F4F) has been phenomenal.

The prototype vs. production thing will never end, as there will always be some key differences. However, they've become much better at matching prototype. In this instance, it's almost identical aside from a slight variation in the angle of the figure--which doesn't make it that much less dynamic. Either way, I've learned to modify my expectations in that regard to avoid inevitable disappointment.

I'm wondering if there'll ever be a time when people are just 'happy' with the statue. Cable, which seemed perfect to me, still had people complaining about the portals. Even the best statues have numerous detractors on here. It's more than just a case of 'you can't please everyone'. It seems like Sideshow can barely please 50% of people no matter what they do. I guess I wish people were just a little more excited and a little less cynical. It sort of kills the buzz.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #846
adee
Green Arrow

I actually like the production piece better than the proto. I totally agree it loses some dynamics but it also takes up a little less horizontal space.
As a collector with cabinets those things come into play for me.

I'm just waiting for all the pics to start coming in. I am very curious to see him with other JL PFs
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #847
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

Man, it better! I want my Flash running, not fcking skipping. If SS changed it due to all the fretting, nonsense noise made by some, due to leaning BS issues? Shame on SS for being gutless, for compromising a masterful sculpt, and giving-in to appease the shrill, repetitively nauseating, clueless sh!t disturbers.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #848
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
It seems like Sideshow can barely please 50% of people no matter what they do.
Keep in mind that the people that comment in this forum and on other statue-related social media likely represent a small fraction of their total customer base, so nitpicks and critiques will seem more plentiful to us than they probably are in reality. I could be wrong, but it seems logical.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:52 PM   #849
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Keep in mind that the people that comment in this forum and on other statue-related social media likely represent a small fraction of their total customer base, so nitpicks and critiques will seem more plentiful to us than they probably are in reality. I could be wrong, but it seems logical.
That's a really good point.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:55 PM   #850
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I actually like the production piece better than the proto. I totally agree it loses some dynamics but it also takes up a little less horizontal space.
As a collector with cabinets those things come into play for me.

I'm just waiting for all the pics to start coming in. I am very curious to see him with other JL PFs
Yeah, I'm concerned about that, too! I want to put him in a Besta completely sideways--and he'd barely fit according to the current measurements. And their measurements aren't perfect--Colossus ended up an inch taller (ruling out Bestas if you want to see the top of his head), while Cyclops is super deep if displayed looking forward and not at an angle.

So, that's a silver lining for me, too!