Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #851
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

There is irony in that a company is trying to engineer something to resist lean and the customer base is asking for more lean. I want want want.

I don't understand why I can't open the windows when I take a commercial flight to anywhere in the world. It gets stuffy.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #852
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
There is irony in that a company is trying to engineer something to resist lean and the customer base is asking for more lean. I want want want.

I don't understand why I can't open the windows when I take a commercial flight to anywhere in the world. It gets stuffy.

At first glance, this type of myopic reasoning actually seems like it makes sense. But it doesn’t. Just the same sh!t in your pants, mindless fears getting the better of you, again. Always the same sh!t with every statue release.

But, Sideshow has released spiderman, venom, rogue, Juggernaut, gambit,......etc, all with one contact point, with none experiencing wide ranging problems. Flash should be/is a no brainer. So, WTF are you still mumbling about?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #853
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
At first glance, this type of myopic reasoning actually seems like it makes sense. But it doesn’t. Just the same sh!t in your pants, mindless fears getting the better of you, again. Always the same sh!t with every statue release.

But, Sideshow has released spiderman, venom, rogue, Juggernaut, gambit,......etc, all with one contact point, with none experiencing wide ranging problems. Flash should be/is a no brainer. So, WTF are you still mumbling about?
SSC is not perfect. There are leaning issues on some of their statues. One of my friend had the She-Hulk PF and it was leaning forward. That statue is standing straight up. I looked at the base and I could not figure out how it was possible. Near Mint had one with his Elektra PF leaning also (newer version). So it does happen.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #854
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Lol, so many Sideshow Stans in here... Look, I saw the prototype, thought it looked amazing so I pre-ordered. Now that the production piece looks different, (worse imho) I'm concerned. For those of you concerned about fitting it in your cube, I hope it works out for you.

People shouldn't be mocked on here for sharing their distaste of inconsistencies between a proto and a prod. Have a nice day.

Edit: it's always on the producer to figure out how to engineer their piece to meet/match their proto pictures. Failing to do so is either poor engineering or lack of foresight in design.
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:09 PM   #855
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
SSC is not perfect. There are leaning issues on some of their statues. One of my friend had the She-Hulk PF and it was leaning forward. That statue is standing straight up. I looked at the base and I could not figure out how it was possible. Near Mint had one with his Elektra PF leaning also (newer version). So it does happen.

True, but you are going way back, using a rather outdated example. But in the last couple of years, sideshow has improved on every level, including construction/design/engineering. I mean if they can pull it off for Rogue, and Juggs, Flash is truly a no brainer, especially after seeing that huge foot key/peg.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #856
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
I'll wait until I get mine in hand, but from this video it definitely looks concerning! Raising the pose away from the ground completely messes up the dynamic of him sprinting forward. Posing him going up instead of out makes it look like he's leaping instead of sprinting. If mine turns out to be this way, I highly doubt I'll keep it.
Looks like he’s still sprinting forward to me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #857
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Looks like he’s still sprinting forward to me.
Forward yes, but up, up and away?
Old 06-30-2020, 05:49 PM   #858
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Forward yes, but up, up and away?
Sorry, I’m not seeing that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:21 PM   #859
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

We are all facing the best sculpture that portrays the most perfect essence of a sprinter.

I imagine a photokinetic radar developed in Central City, capable of detecting spectra at the speed of light, created specifically to identify a strange red ray that crosses the city streets, and, for a millisecond, the photocetic apparatus registers a red blur, something that strangely, and inexplicably, resembles a man.

DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #860
Divo

In side by side proto/production pics one could clearly see how proto’s forward thigh is pointing downwards, while his shin/foot is in a horizontal position, giving the proper stance for running, especially at full speed.

If you compare with production, the opposite is true, where the thigh is more horizontal and the shin/ foot is pointing downward. It would look great for a long jumper, or a pole vaulter starting their approach. For Flash, THE speed runner? Not so much.

Still have it on order, and still a keeper. Hoping
It’s are just off, but does anyone have the know how on how to actually create a more pronounced lean/lunge? Yeah, it’s come to that.