Shadowhawk

Damn right!!
pamphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #22
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Man you actually believe that. That's for all the price increases. Reward points is just another way of lowering the price when a company knows they steadily increase prices. Free shipping, discounts, rewards points that's all part of the pricing strategy game.
And yet every company has dramatic price increases. All you have to do is look around. P1 pieces that used to be $799-899 are now $1,200. Koto bishoujos have all but doubled in price. Neither of those companies give me $60-150 in reward points every single year.

But hey, if you want to live with your head in the sand and think that Sideshow is the only company with dramatic price increases, by all means . . .
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:32 PM   #23
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
And yet every company has dramatic price increases. All you have to do is look around. P1 pieces that used to be $799-899 are now $1,200. Koto bishoujos have all but doubled in price. Neither of those companies give me $60-150 in reward points every single year.

But hey, if you want to live with your head in the sand and think that Sideshow is the only company with dramatic price increases, by all means . . .
I'll give First4Figures credit too. They do a lot for their customers in the way of rewards and giveaways as well. But what you say is true, all the prices have increased and yet very few give anything back to the customer.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #24
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Well played by Sideshow selling Swag.

Here is a rough definition online for swag:

A slang term used to describe free stuff and giveaways offered by vendors at trade shows to encourage attendees to visit their booth.
Quote:
So what? They also give (I'm guessing) hundreds of thousands of dollars away each year in free Reward Points. Do other companies do that? Hint, the answer is no.
This is why I said well played Sideshow. I acknowledge their marketing prowess to convince customers to buy swag. I even looked and considered it myself with that login limit, free shipping, and sell out hype.

Well played Sideshow...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:13 PM   #25
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:

Prime 1 does I don’t buy koto so don’t know .

I just don’t want to be a kiss butt
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:20 PM   #26
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
So this goes down July 20th?
Correct, the Sideshow website will go down on July 20th
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:42 AM   #27
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
What are you standing TBolt about 5'6, 175lbs

I'm just Fn withya HA!
Do you even lift bro???

I had that screen up that said “something cool is coming and the countdown was going to 3am here. Just woke up and it’s reset for a little over 4 hours from now. Wonder what that is all about?
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:45 AM   #28
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

So true... they just love to point fingers at put the blame on Sideshow...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:25 AM   #29
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Prime 1 does I don’t buy koto so don’t know .

I just don’t want to be a kiss butt
You are wasting your time with this guy. Sideshow is the company that has raised its prices the most.

Sheepshow could crap on his head, he would still lick their butt.

The other companies don't do the gimmicky reward points because they actually put VALUE in their statues. None of that 6k production run crap. Do you honestly think that any factory can spend as much time on QC on a 900 run as on a 6k run? And I am not even talking about the most hollow and thinnest casting in the industry. It's a well known fact.

In the end, you know what you are paying for. The lowest production value and quality by far! But hey! Look over here, you can get SWAG!!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #30
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
You are wasting your time with this guy. Sideshow is the company that has raised its prices the most.

Sheepshow could crap on his head, he would still lick their butt.

The other companies don't do the gimmicky reward points because they actually put VALUE in their statues. None of that 6k production run crap. Do you honestly think that any factory can spend as much time on QC on a 900 run as on a 6k run? And I am not even talking about the most hollow and thinnest casting in the industry. It's a well known fact.

In the end, you know what you are paying for. The lowest production value and quality by far! But hey! Look over here, you can get SWAG!!
No they are not, every company has dramatically raised their prices across the board.

The irony with this post is that Sideshow has delivered some great production pieces within the past and current year.

Also, factories do prefer to work on projects with larger runs rather than smaller statue runs. So yes, they are prepared to take on that capacity.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote