Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #21791
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Arrival (2016) - A linguist is recruited by the military to assist in translating alien communications.

As noted here earlier, this is a very welcome departure from the usual aliens trying to kill all humans story. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:03 AM   #21792
Vracula
Jedi Order

Suicide Squad - 3/10 tried watching the extended version, it was way worse than I remembered . The movie is filled with popular tunes like a poor fan made trailer but no substance. This is what happens when a film devoid of any purpose other that to make money is made. I hope Leto is never seen as the Joker again .Killer Croc walks and talks like a wannabe thug and more laughable than scary. This movie was marginally entertaining thanks to Margot and Will.

This is the worst modern day super hero movie made after Catwoman
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #21793
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Suicide Squad - 3/10 tried watching the extended version, it was way worse than I remembered . The movie is filled with popular tunes like a poor fan made trailer but no substance. This is what happens when a film devoid of any purpose other that to make money is made. I hope Leto is never seen as the Joker again .Killer Croc walks and talks like a wannabe thug and more laughable than scary. This movie was marginally entertaining thanks to Margot and Will.

This is the worst modern day super hero movie made after Catwoman
The only real useless thing about it was The Joker. He is so horrible, that I would rather pour acid in my ears and eyes, than look at him or hear him talk
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #21794
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Suicide Squad - 3/10 tried watching the extended version, it was way worse than I remembered . The movie is filled with popular tunes like a poor fan made trailer but no substance.
When I was watching the movie and they were playing all these songs, the only thing I could think of was the people making the movies saying "hey, Guardians of the Galaxy used all these old songs and people loved it. Let's throw a bunch in the movie, what can go wrong."
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #21795
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Nocturnal Animals (2016) - An art gallery owner is haunted by her ex-husband's novel, a violent thriller she interprets as a veiled threat and a symbolic revenge tale.

I loved Tom Ford's first movie A Single Man so I was expecting to like this one more. It's a beautiful-looking and smart, multi-layered thriller and yet, I still felt a little unsatisfied when it was over. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #21796
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Moana 6/10
The story was good and the animation I thought was top notch. But the music was forgettable and I didn't care for the Rock in the lead.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #21797
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
When I was watching the movie and they were playing all these songs, the only thing I could think of was the people making the movies saying "hey, Guardians of the Galaxy used all these old songs and people loved it. Let's throw a bunch in the movie, what can go wrong."
Haha yup . I think that was the most insulting part ,like those animated movies with a popular pop song to get the kids excited.

There were 3 diff songs in the first 15 minutes of the movie.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:31 AM   #21798
Vracula
Jedi Order

Arrival 8/10. Great performances and the most intriguing sci fi movie in a long time.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #21799
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

The Mechanic Resurrection (or whatever the 2nd one is called): 4/10 - I liked the first one. Wasn't a great flick but it was entertaining enough. But this follow up has a real made for TV feel about it and it's pretty dull.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #21800
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
The Mechanic Resurrection (or whatever the 2nd one is called): 4/10 - I liked the first one. Wasn't a great flick but it was entertaining enough. But this follow up has a real made for TV feel about it and it's pretty dull.
Funny, I just saw a trailer for this the other day. Feel the same about the first as you and got the same feeling about the sequel you're describing and determined I didn't need to see it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote