Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #26771
Mister H
Gen 13

Kevin Costner was in 3,000 Miles to Graceland.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #26772
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Kevin Costner was in 3,000 Miles to Graceland.
yes that is correct, brain fart on my end lol Come to think of it, those 2 look a lot alike
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:15 PM   #26773
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
yes that is correct, brain fart on my end lol Come to think of it, those 2 look a lot alike
Funny thing is, I think Keaton and Courtney Cox were shackin up at the time that movie was made.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:26 PM   #26774
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Funny thing is, I think Keaton and Courtney Cox were shackin up at the time that movie was made.
haha no way! thats nuts. Ironically David Arquette was also in 3,000 Miles to Graceland
Old 06-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #26775
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Event Horizon 4/10
Old 06-22-2020, 11:24 PM   #26776
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Tango & Cash (1989) - There were a lot of cheesy parts dont get me wrong, and many people would probably think its dumb, but I felt like that was the charm of it, the movie didn't take itself too seriously - 6.5/10
That's how i see this one as well. Another very similar that I would be embarrassed to say I liked is "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #26777
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
That's how i see this one as well. Another very similar that I would be embarrassed to say I liked is "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"
Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson, thats quite the team-up, they'd probably give Kurt and Sylvester a run for their money! lol sometimes these kinda movies are fun just for the novelty
Old 06-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #26778
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Affair in Trinidad (1952) - Nightclub singer and her brother-in-law try to find her husband's killer.

It's not a bad film-noir although a rehash of Rita Hayworth's earlier and better movie, Gilda. Supposedly this was actually filmed in Trinidad, but I couldn't really tell based on the sets I saw. 6/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #26779
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Near Dark (1987) - This is a little known and highly underrated Vampire movie, I think it flew under the radar due to the fact that the Vampires were unconventional (no fangs, no garlic, no crucifixes) and it also came out in theatres within months of a little movie you may have heard of called the Lost Boys, which had a lot of similar themes as Near Dark. Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen are the most notable actors, Lance plays the leader of the group of nomadic Vampires, and Bill plays the 'bad boy' Vampire that likes to cause trouble (and did he ever cause a lot of trouble! the bar scene was insane) it looks like he had a blast in the role. There are some plot holes, and some things didnt make sense, but I really enjoyed this take on non-traditional Vampires, it had a lot of suspense and a lot of emotional impact, I thought it was creative and really well done - 8.5/10
Old 06-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #26780
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Near Dark (1987) - This is a little known and highly underrated vampire movie, I think it flew under the radar due to the fact that the vampires were unconventional (no fangs, no garlic, no crucifixes) and it also came out in theatres within months of a little movie you may have heard of called the Lost Boys, which had a lot of similar themes as Near Dark. Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen are the most notable actors, Lance plays the leader of the group of nomadic Vampires, and Bill plays the 'bad boy' Vampire that like to cause trouble, and it looks like he had a blast in the role. There are some plot holes, and some things didnt make sense, but I really enjoyed this take on non-traditional Vampires, it had a lot of suspense and a lot of emotional impact, and I thought it was really well done - 8.5/10
This is on my top ten list of vampire movies.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote