Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #11
Just_joseph
The Avengers

FLIPPING RULES ............... only read the first part of this thread......... too long.
Just_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
...I'm sure there are a number of flippers who have figured out how to get around SS's 1 per limit (dummy accounts, multiple accounts, pushing the order, etc.), so yeah, they are artificially drying up the market to make a couple hundred dollars or more. It's still an honest buck...
I think this line sums up why some flippers ARE reviled. You mentioned how some of these people figure out a way around the rules which are set, artificially dry up the market, yet you still call it an "honest" buck. Well, it's not an honest buck at that point, which is why flippers are considered by some to be a-holes.
I personally think that anyone is entitled to do what they want with pieces they aquire IF PLAYING BY THE RULES. As soon as they start to cheat the system, they lose all of my support.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #13
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
I think this line sums up why some flippers ARE reviled. You mentioned how some of these people figure out a way around the rules which are set, artificially dry up the market, yet you still call it an "honest" buck. Well, it's not an honest buck at that point, which is why flippers are considered by some to be a-holes.
I personally think that anyone is entitled to do what they want with pieces they aquire IF PLAYING BY THE RULES. As soon as they start to cheat the system, they lose all of my support.
Who cheats the system???

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #14
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:

well said
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #15
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
I agree... if someone is changing the rules of the game, bending them and breaking them... then that needs to stop... but for the most part Nexus's post was right on... Flippers provide a service to the collectors... and Most Flippers... are flipping to fund their own collection...

We should have a Flipper Apprication Day... Where everyone bids an extra 10 percent just to show their love...

Oh... and Flippers Rule
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #16
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm not praising flippers, I'm saying they serve a needed function in the food chain. Most are "honest" flippers. For every guy that's figured a way to cheat the system (I know somebody has 5 Grey Hulk dios, I just know it), there are 1,000 who are playing by the rules. That's just the way it is. Most likely the only way I'm gonna get a GG Shock Trooper or Mara Jade will be specifically because someone is buying with the sole purpose of flipping. Sure, I'd rather get it for retail, but I'm not the one who's flying to San Diego or wherever, paying for a hotel room, walking the convention floors, standing in line, etc., etc. I'm the guy sitting at my computer trying to get the best deal (and checking to make certain the guy isn't charging $20 for S&H). And as far as Grey Hulk is concerned, I was too slow. If I want one, I'll cough up the cash for one or get a Green one and have it painted.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #17
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
I'm not praising flippers, I'm saying they serve a needed function in the food chain. Most are "honest" flippers. For every guy that's figured a way to cheat the system (I know somebody has 5 Grey Hulk dios, I just know it), there are 1,000 who are playing by the rules. That's just the way it is. Most likely the only way I'm gonna get a GG Shock Trooper or Mara Jade will be specifically because someone is buying with the sole purpose of flipping. Sure, I'd rather get it for retail, but I'm not the one who's flying to San Diego or wherever, paying for a hotel room, walking the convention floors, standing in line, etc., etc. I'm the guy sitting at my computer trying to get the best deal (and checking to make certain the guy isn't charging $20 for S&H). And as far as Grey Hulk is concerned, I was too slow. If I want one, I'll cough up the cash for one or get a Green one and have it painted.
Thats probably what I'll do because I could care less about the light up feature... I just like the sculpt in grey!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #18
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13
Thats probably what I'll do because I could care less about the light up feature... I just like the sculpt in grey!
I'm considering doing the same thing. Then I can have the spidey painted black as well.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote