Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-16-2021, 10:50 AM   #571
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
A statue where the pose is crouching is OK but I just remember years ago DC did a power girl and huntress statue and it was on a rooftop and power girl was standing up leaning against a chimney stack but they have the huntress crouching in front of her. The thing that was bad is the fact that she was crouching and they had designed her cape to be 3/4ths of the way in front of her so you really couldn’t even see her costume and if you turn the statue to get a better view of The Huntress then you got the back of power girl.

I would like to think if Batman is in a crouching pose we will see a huge flowing cape behind him but there will be enough of the character that the crouching won’t interfere with seeing his full costume
Poor AD is poor AD, regardless of the pose. Looks like we'll be OK in the cape department with Batman.

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #572
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Do we know who's next? I'm more anxious to see WW than Batman.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:11 AM   #573
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Do we know who's next? I'm more anxious to see WW than Batman.
I agree-bring WW on!!!
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:55 AM   #574
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post

so Tweeterhead released the first Superman with flaws only to re-release the first Superman as new and improved without the production flaws...then only a year or two later they release another brand new Superman statue that blows the old one out of the water and renders it basically obsolete....i don't know if i would be happy to sad about that.

Luckily it does not look the same is going to be the case with the new Batman statue...i'm not feeling the pose on it at all.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #575
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Anyone know when the black suit superman coming out? Passing up on this cause want something different. Go a few of the red/blue already.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:13 PM   #576
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
so Tweeterhead released the first Superman with flaws only to re-release the first Superman as new and improved without the production flaws...then only a year or two later they release another brand new Superman statue that blows the old one out of the water and renders it basically obsolete....i don't know if i would be happy to sad about that.

Luckily it does not look the same is going to be the case with the new Batman statue...i'm not feeling the pose on it at all.
I still like the first one. Very stoic. New one looks more like he's about to battle.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #577
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Anyone know when the black suit superman coming out? Passing up on this cause want something different. Go a few of the red/blue already.
Nearmint said in his video review probably not until next year.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:45 PM   #578
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

There's always going to be new techniques, new sculptors, new future grails. One can never stop improving. I think it's something to be happy about.

I'll share something I read years ago. "as an artist you should never fall in love with your last piece, otherwise you will never move forward from it."
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #579
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Nearmint said in his video review probably not until next year.
Thanks. Guess I have to patiently wait. Hope it's ready to ship when they put up for order.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #580
schachi08
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
There's always going to be new techniques, new sculptors, new future grails. One can never stop improving. I think it's something to be happy about.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote