Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 07-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #321
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jusko View Post
Hello, all!

It's been a little over two weeks since the cards were released, and I am still humbled and extremely flattered that the work I put into these cards is being so universally praised. It really means SO much to me!! As any artist can tell you, waiting for response to your work is one of the most anxiety filled parts of any project, especially one as highly anticipated as this. I apologize for the long wait, but if I gave less than my best the effort it would have been a futile endeavor in my eyes. I wanted the art to be something special and memorable. I'm happy that you all are happy with what I was able to achieve. Thanks again for ALL the kind words. They have made all the time and effort more than worthwhile. :-)
now if you can convince Marvel to release a hobby version of this set on standard card stock, or an artbook showcasing all this amazing artwork, all us cheap-o collectors can be happy too
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #322
Joe Jusko
Artist
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
now if you can convince Marvel to release a hobby version of this set on standard card stock, or an artbook showcasing all this amazing artwork, all us cheap-o collectors can be happy too
A wide release was always my wish but the hobby has apparently changed since I last walked it's halls. That was totally beyond my control.

I am truly hoping a book will be forthcoming but nothing has been decided as of yet. I painted the art larger this tima around in hopes of that very thing.
Joe Jusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #323
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
A wide release was always my wish but the hobby has apparently changed since I last walked it's halls. That was totally beyond my control.

I am truly hoping a book will be forthcoming but nothing has been decided as of yet. I painted the art larger this tima around in hopes of that very thing.
nothing is as good as it was in 1992 anymore, especially the card market I 100% know this wasnt your decision, and I always figured you would want a wide release like the 92 set since your collecting mentality seems to be 90's style, same as mine, and so more people could get their hands on this epic artwork in its entirety.

Hopefully you can push them for a book one day, i'd buy that in a heartbeat, and it wouldnt devalue the limited card release since its a different medium. Ill keep my fingers crossed, in the meantime keep up the amazing work Joe, you're #1 in my books, ever since I was 7 in 1992 and got the 92 masterpieces for my birthday, it changed my life and I still love them to this day

P.S. you gotta come back to the calgary expo one of these years, last time I was so caught up in the fluster of meeting you I didnt even bring any of the 92 cards for you to sign (infinite sadness ) but I did buy one of your spider-man art prints which was fantastic and it was great speaking with you
Old 07-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #324
Joe Jusko
Artist
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
nothing is as good as it was in 1992 anymore, especially the card market I 100% know this wasnt your decision, and I always figured you would want a wide release like the 92 set since your collecting mentality seems to be 90's style, same as mine, and so more people could get their hands on this epic artwork in its entirety.

Hopefully you can push them for a book one day, i'd buy that in a heartbeat, and it wouldnt devalue the limited card release since its a different medium. Ill keep my fingers crossed, in the meantime keep up the amazing work Joe, you're #1 in my books, ever since I was 7 in 1992 and got the 92 masterpieces for my birthday, it changed my life and I still love them to this day
See, now you're the guy I did these cards for.
Joe Jusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #325
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
See, now you're the guy I did these cards for.
thanks Joe, feels really great to hear that from you i've been hoping to see you return to marvel masterpieces for the last 20+ years, its never been far from my mind which is why I was so excited when this set was announced. I know you did some of the cards in the 93 masterpieces set, they should of asked you to do all the artwork that year

if this set was a wide release it would of been like christmas X 9,000 around here, would be like the 90's again, opening all those awesome packs and smiling the whole time, putting them in card pages, oh how I miss those days, its good to know a lot of the people around here feel the same way, and even though a lot of us cant collect these new cards unfortunately, it has been a great time the last couple years talking with other old school card collectors around here and sharing stories of the 92 masterpieces and how important the cards were to us, and whether we can all own the new set or not its still amazing just to see your artwork and all the hard heart felt work you put into these cards, limited release or not your dedication is very apparent in the art which is why you are the man.

Im not gonna lie though after waiting 20+ years for you to return to MM's i've never been more crushed in my collecting career than when I heard about how limited and hard to get this set would be lol
Old 07-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #326
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:

I still am annoyed with Upper Deck with what they did with this set but know that you had nothing to do with that!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #327
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
Those last cards may be a pain, but a least my favorite character was easy to obtain!

Beautiful Black Cat painting.

Out of curiosity, are there seven (or more) versions of each card? Can you identify the subsetting of the cards in this pic? Do I see a plate card, signed, comic cover, gold border, purple border, and silver border?

Thanks!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:15 PM   #328
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Beautiful Black Cat painting.

Out of curiosity, are there seven (or more) versions of each card? Can you identify the subsetting of the cards in this pic? Do I see a plate card, signed, comic cover, gold border, purple border, and silver border?

Thanks!
The comic cover is from the "What If...?" parallel subset I believe
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #329
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:

I would buy a book in a heart beat, who do we need to petition?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #330
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Hello, all!

It's been a little over two weeks since the cards were released, and I am still humbled and extremely flattered that the work I put into these cards is being so universally praised. It really means SO much to me!! As any artist can tell you, waiting for response to your work is one of the most anxiety filled parts of any project, especially one as highly anticipated as this. I apologize for the long wait, but if I gave less than my best the effort it would have been a futile endeavor in my eyes. I wanted the art to be something special and memorable. I'm happy that you all are happy with what I was able to achieve. Thanks again for ALL the kind words. They have made all the time and effort more than worthwhile. :-)
Joe, your cards are great! I bought a couple of boxes and the majority of those will join your works from 1992. Your art really brings me back to my younger days, opening packs and enjoying the artwork and reading the details on the back. Its to tough to choose my favorite cards from both eras. Too bad Upper Deck did it this way, young kids won't get hooked if they can't afford them. Haha, thank you very much Joe.

Series 2?????
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote