Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #21
COI

They went deeper than I was expecting, so I don't blame them. They've got other stuff to work on. And once the comics stuff really starts rolling out, you have to think that will impact demand for the Arkham line. How many people will end up getting rid of the Arkham stuff for the comic stuff? My guess is, a lot of people have, or will eventually, jump ship.

I only ended up getting Deathstroke despite my original plans because of all the comic announcements (Hush, Kingdom Come).
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #22
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Arkham line is awesome and art pieces no doubt! However, the majority of collectors are not emotionally connected to these version of the characters and for the price difficult to swallow. I have my favorites and would not give these up but looking at sales and even the progress of the Prime 1 Golden Week, even as a tough pill to swallow for the few fans, a stop even a temporary one allows them to finish what they started and re-evaluate the line. I expect if there is an option for the remaining cast, you can expect smaller edition sizes and more pain on the price to justify. Maybe they will consider the MTO approach or even XM's MTO with a minimum to make much like they are doing with Thor? They have made the pieces I want so personally I am satisfied with the line. Good luck to those still searching.

This hobby is Riddled with unfinished lines and Poisonous words, but groups that huddle together like Penguins. May your Fireflies burn bright, don't go Mad in search under your Hats, and as always there will be Commissioners for those missing pieces.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #23
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
They went deeper than I was expecting, so I don't blame them. They've got other stuff to work on. And once the comics stuff really starts rolling out, you have to think that will impact demand for the Arkham line. How many people will end up getting rid of the Arkham stuff for the comic stuff? My guess is, a lot of people have, or will eventually, jump ship.

I only ended up getting Deathstroke despite my original plans because of all the comic announcements (Hush, Kingdom Come).
Agreed.

I ended up passing on all of the Arkham video game line and I am glad I did. If I have learned anything is that the comics versions are superior most of the time for me. They have that soul and magic that other versions (including the movie versions) lack.

This is just a reminder that at this scale you better be 200% sure of what you are getting. Also be ready to accept an incomplete line not just from Sideshow but from any producer. I am hoping for Kingdom Come to get at least half the love the Arkham line received and I would call it a success.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #24
yodasan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Agreed.

... If I have learned anything is that the comics versions are superior most of the time for me. They have that soul and magic that other versions (including the movie versions) lack....
yodasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #25
aa909
The Green Hornet

To be honest I don’t claim to understand the “completionist” obsession - not judging. I’ve got several of the Arkham line and I’m thrilled they made so many of these amazing pieces.

Batman AK, Robin, Joker, Red Hood, Two face, Cat Woman, Flash Point, Death Stroke, Scarecrow, Miller Bats. I can’t imagine selling a single one of these pieces just because Prime 1 “didn’t finish the line”. They’re incredible character designs and IMO Prime 1 made way more of these than I expected.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #26
Vracula
Jedi Order

As long as I get my XE suit Batman I am good.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:21 PM   #27
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

P1 has done a great job with this line. I ended up getting Deathstroke and Flashpoint Batman. I’m okay with them focusing on other characters if it means I can get Shazam!, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, and maybe a comic Deathstroke.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #28
FJC
Midnighter

Damn, I have AO Deathstroke and really wanted an Arkham Asylum/City Bats to pair him up with. I passed on all other 1/3 P1 Bats waiting on a AA/AC Batman. I'm just so disappointed right now.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #29
Eviler
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

still missing Penguin, Riddler and Ra's, IMO.
also: Nurse harley
Eviler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #30
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Damn, I have AO Deathstroke and really wanted an Arkham Asylum/City Bats to pair him up with. I passed on all other 1/3 P1 Bats waiting on a AA/AC Batman. I'm just so disappointed right now.
If they ever get their butts in gear and make that Telltale Batman, I could see that fitting with Deathstroke.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote