Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #5111
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscocisco1000 View Post
Hi Alex. With the Alien King coming out next year is there a chance that an Alien Queen might be coming up to along with it?
More Alien projects are in the works and could be up for Pre-Order sometime in 2017 (if said projects aren't halted/delayed to a later time frame for some reason). What they will be I am not at liberty or allowed to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Hi SSAlex, could you plz look into your crystal ball to see if Sideshow has plans to make Mongul PF to display vs Superman?
No Mongul that I'm aware of, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Thanks for all the answers Alex. The last word was that light up sabers in the new Darth Maul PF and Kylo Ren PF were still possibilities, but that would be something decided during the production of the piece.

Is there any light to shed on that? Maybe a yes or no or if it is still a maybe?

We all really appreciate you being back in the ask anything thread! Thank you!
These items are far too new to have an update regarding any additional light-up features. I'd ask again when those items get closer to their shipping time frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
Thanks for the answer Alex.
Any plan to revisit other characters in that format?
Like Boba Fett
Always a possibility characters will be revisited in this format. Vader was (for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Alex,

Please tell me there is a Nightwing PF in the near future?

Thanks
I honestly do not know about a future Nightwing. I know there are some Sideshow folks that really like that character, so we'll see a PF in the future!

Quote:
Hi Alex. Will there be any more Marvel villains announced during online comic-con? Maybe Spidey villains?
Even though Marvel villains didn't pop up for SDCC, there I more in the works to be revealed in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulk View Post
Hi Alex,

Are there any new Predator item at SDCC?
Hope you like what was revealed! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Hey Alex,
Will we be seeing any other X-Men for pre-order this year? If so can you give us a hint? Thanks!
The only X-Men related piece expected up for Pre-Order this year is the Hulk Vs Wolverine Maquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
Hello Alex,

Will there be any new Terminator items at the Con this year?
Only the T-800 Maquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Thanks for all the answers, alex!!!
But here goes another one.
I know people ask about this in the past, but do you know/ can you tell if those court of the dead 1:1 bust will eventually turn into products that we can buy?
There's a possibly that one of the two Busts will become a product...specifically Relic Ravlatch Bust (the crusade knight character).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan_gfx View Post
Hey Alex,

can we see the new Iron Man Mark XLVI Legendary Scale Figure @SDCC?
This item is still going through some revisions but will hopefully be done soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hey alex in regards to the darkseid pf, is my order still placed?
they refunded me the amount I paid but did not refund my reward points and it still shows as an open order if I view all my orders. I still want the statue so I don't care if the points aren't refunded just as long as they are still applied to the order and its still placed
Yes, your order (and anyone that received a refund and hasn't cancelled themselves after their refund) is still active. Reward points were not refunded as the orders are still considered active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Hey Alex, tell Igo and everyone else at SSC that Randy Bowen is available for freelance work. I'd kill to see Randy do a couple of Marvel and DC PFs for sideshow.
Will pass along to the right folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Alex, will Bane be a 1/4 comic version?
As you saw with the reveals for SDCC it is comic based. Hope you and many others like what you see so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Hi Alex..Angela will be mixed media right? I am just worried about the white cloth it might stain and turn yellowish in the future..is there a way it can be fully sculpted?
It should remain stain free and not turn yellow if the correct upkeep is done once the piece is in hand (i.e.: only touched with clean hands, kept away from areas that would get dirt or debris on it, etc).

The prototype is done at this point and is just starting the manufacturing process, so changes (such as changing the fabric skirt to fully sculpted) are very unlikely at this point in the pieces journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Acid View Post
Hi Alex

Is the Freddy PF still happening? I don't see him on the coming soon page anymore.
Sorry about the confusion that caused but the preview was off the site for a couple of days in preparation for the updated preview (that can now be seen on the site).

Quote:
Hi Alex. I just saw both the Bane and Michelangelo previews and I had a couple of questions. 1. Will Bane and all 4 turtles be at SDCC? and 2 Will Bane be up for p.o. this year?
1. Hope ya liked what you saw with the reveals of Bane and the turtles at SDCC.

2. Bane SHOULD be up for Pre-Order before the end of the year but that's just an estimate at this time. Until the piece is fully painted and approved then it's exact Pre-Order time frame is in estimate mode and not in a locked mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
Dunno if this has been asked already any chance that a doomsday piece will be coming to go with superman ?
I honestly don't know if a Doomsday is happening or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKlaw View Post
Hi Alex thanks for taking he time to answer the questions.

I am not sure if this was asked but with the upcoming release of Hulk vs Wolverine are there plans for more dios? And if so any planned for DC universe?
More such faceoffs are being looked into (as stated by Igo in another thread) but I'm unaware of what licenses they will be from or what characters they will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Hi Alex,

Just wanted to ask if the T-800 Endo maquette from T2 is still in the works when it was announced awhile ago? With the reveal of the T-800 maquette from T1 that just went up for order, I wanted to know if it is still coming? Or has the original T2 maquette been switched to the T1 maquette and we won't be seeing a T2 version. Please see pic of the initial T2 Endo announcement.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-conten...etonMaqv02.jpg

Thank you in advance for the clarification.
It's still happening. This recent release just ended up being done before that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi Alex,

Will the alternate head sculpt for Killer Croc be shown at SDCC?

Thank you!
Just the one head sculpt was shown at SDCC. But y'all should be able to see the full alternate head sculpt in the future (if ya already didn't see part of it in a behind-the-scenes photo blog that went up just recently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Additionally, will The Huntress' Ex be shown?
Not shown at SDCC, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Hi Alex

Are movie superhero statues big sellers for SS?
They do well in the sell department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Hi Alex,

When will the new Jungle Hunter Predator Maquette go up for preorder?

Thanks
Hopefully before 2016 is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
Hi Alex,

I SS thinking on selling the COTD nameplates shown with the statues at SDCC? I think it would be awesme if they did.
They were just made specifically for display purposes at conventions. There aren't plans to make them actual products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Hi Alex,

I noticed Mortighull was missing from the COTD lineup at SDCC. Any particular reason? I know he has been there previous years.

Thanks!
Since the introduction of Court of the Dead the story of Mortighull changed and that particular version of him was deemed a later incarnation of him, so another version of him is being worked on for reveal and release on Pre-Order in the future. The original look of him (as shown at previously) is an on hold item at this point with a TBD for Pre-Order release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex,

with the new "The Queen's Embrace" Art print, does this mean there will be another queen of the dead statue coming?
The queen could be revisited in the future. The Queen's Embrace artwork is an artists interpretation of the character and shouldn't be seen as a design of a future statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Hey Alex, the new Darth Maul PF looks killer!
Will the saber blades on the regular or the ex be removable? A lot of us prefer to display with the hilt only, and since it does not light up, we are hoping to have the option to take the blades out.

Thanks!
I don't know the breakdown as to how this item will ship to customers, so I'm unaware if the blades will be removable or not. I will know that about 2/3 months before the item begins shipping to customers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
hi Alex,

another question.. at your website you stating at the HT Vader the following:

looks more like ROTS to me.. did HT changed it up or is it a mistake on your website ?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new...-scale-figure/
At this time this is the info that was passed along to us regarding this piece from Hot Toys. We will certainly update once we receive confirmed information from them about this item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Hi Alex any reason why P1s WW was not displayed at the SS booth but at DC's one?
Prime 1 would have made that decision between them and DC (regarding having her displayed at their booth). DC also had a large display of various Wonder Woman costumes on display, so having their Wonder Woman statue there seems very appropriate. That said, we wouldn't have had the room to display her at the Sideshow booth (they used every display inch they had at the Sideshow booth), so we are of course very happy that they were able to have that item on display at DC. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
And the Wolf Predator LSB while we're asking.
Should be up for Pre-Order before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Hi Alex,

Is there an news on the Hal Jordan Green Lantern PF base? Igo hinted there will be changes to it but nothing as of yet. Thanks
Once we have a final shipping sample in house (which should arrive a month before it begins shipping to customers) we'll take new photos to send out to customers to see what has changed. I have seen an early sample and the change that occurred is the paint scheme to the construct part of his base. Hopefully people will like the new color scheme that's used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex...

thought we would see a Venom this SDCC... any word on if and when we can expect to see him
A Venom has never been officially confirmed on the site through an official preview/announcement, so I don't know of what Venom you speak. I do know that he is a very beloved character for some round these parts, so I'm sure he'll be revisited in the future for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Alex, can you post a SDCC selfie... put a face to the name SSAlex?
Not really a selfie (and forgive the messy look of myself...eeek)...but here's of photo myself and the very gracious Michael Giacchino on Friday night of SDCC. I've enjoyed his work as a composer for many years, so it was very exciting to meet him for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Hi SSAlex, with any luck, will we get to see more new X-Men PFs by 12 Days of Sideshow around Christmas? Thank you
Probably not for this year's 12 Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What is the chance in hell percentage of getting a Savage Land Rogue PF?
I don't know if a Rogue from any story/series is planned for the future right now. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Will Sideshow release an art print of Leatherface to match both Jason and Freddy? If so, when will it go up for pre-order?
It's a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam Filter View Post
The video released by Sideshow called Purgatori a Premium Format statue, is that a mistake?
That was a mistake. She is still a Statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddy1984 View Post
you need to make juggernaut!!!
I know! Lot's of people around here really want to see him made. Maybe in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Alex, will bane be finished up and released for pre order this year?
Possible but see my answer above regarding him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
When can we expect Malavestros to go up for order ?

Thanks
Before the end of the 2016...hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Hello Alex,

I have a few questions to ask now that SDCC is coming to a close.
1. I know that back in 2014 Sideshow renewed it's DC license for a further 3 years. That would make 2017 the final year for the current license. With certain pieces missing can we be sure the DC license will get renewed?

2. After Catwoman (Black Costume) POed in 2014 it has been a two-three year wait, assuming Croc/Bane go up for order late this year or early next, to see another Batvillain/Family member. Do you know if the wait will be the same in between PO's for the next Bat characters?

3. The Flash was surprisingly absent from this year's Comic Con. We've already had multiple iterations of the trinity, two Green Lanterns and Aquaman. Do you know if he's being worked on and if there are any issues with the design that might point as to why we haven't seen him?

4. Jumping to Marvel, We've seen quite a few characters being made that are lower tiered as of late but one omission in 1/4 scale being a comic Ghost Rider, an news on if that is being worked on?

5. Sticking with that theme, most of the major Avengers villains have been done but a comic Loki is still missing, any word on that?

6. On the horror front, With the reveal of Hellpriestess, if she sells well, is it possible to have more Hellraiser themed statues in the future? Side bar, Has Sideshow thought about getting input from Clive Barker? He does live in California.

7. Last question, With Jason/Freddy/Pinhead/Leatherface all being in the Sideshow horror stable and now shown, does Sideshow have plans to gain more horror Characters such ass Michael Myers, Pennywise(new tv show on the way), Regan McNeal(new Exorcist show on the way) or any others?

Thanks in advance you're the best!
1. The DC license should extend beyond 2017.

2. Besides recently announced Bane, Killer Croc, Huntress, and Black Canary..there aren't any new Batman-verse related characters expected to be up for Pre-Order in 2016 but more are in the works for the future!

3. I don't know any news about a Flash PF, sorry. I do know that he's a possibility.

4. Ghost Rider is a possibility for the future for sure!

5. Loki (comic) isn't off the table but isn't one I'm aware of being in the pipeline for the next few years. Maybe sometime after 2018.

6. More Hellraiser items are a possibility if Hell Priestess does well. Hell Priestess is a piece that was done with input by Clive Barker, so we certainly do like to partner up with him when it's his property.

7. We do love horror and there are more items within that genre on the way. We do not hold the license for Halloween, Exorcist, or IT, so no Michael Myers, Regan, or Pennywise at this time (nor expected for a few years) but who know what could happen in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
how will the turtles look like together? Does it form a diorama with different leveling to be able to see each character? or does it have to be displayed individually?
They don't form a diorama but they each have a sewer themed type base that should make them look really good when displayed altogether!

Quote:
Hi Alex. Will Rocket and Groot be up for p.o. this year or will they go up next year? Also will we be seeing other members from the team like Drax, Star-Lord, or the Thing? Thank you in advance for answering my questions. Also I would like to say how great Sideshow looked this year. There was so many awesome reveals and so many statues that I want. Can't wait to see what you have to show next year.
Rocket and Groot should be up for Pre-Order in 2016. Star-Lord is more of a possibility of an add to the team at this point then Drax or The Thing.

And so very happy to hear you enjoyed this year's reveals!

Quote:
Hi Alex. A few more questions I forgot to ask. When will the Deadpool PF, Hulk vs Wolverine diorama, and Lobo sixth scale be up for p.o? This year or next year. Thank you Alex for answering my questions
All those items SHOULD be up for Pre-Order before the end of this year unless they have to be delayed for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
Hi Alex,

I remember you saying that the Vader LSF will be long ways away. Now that it was displayed at SDCC, can we expect a PO in 2016? Any info would be great and thanks!
It MIGHT be up for Pre-Order in 2016 since it ended up being finished far earlier than originally expected but I wouldn't be surprised to see it up for Pre-Order in 2017 since it coming in early doesn't mean it can start the manufacturing process early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
How tall is Groot and when does he go up for preorders?
I do not have the full rundown on this piece yet but will hopefully have it soon! It should be up for Pre-Order before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
What are the chances that we will see a green Phoenix variant of the Dark Phoenix PF?
At one time there was zero chance but there MIGHT be small possibility that a green variant could be seen in the future. The door was re-opened recently for that possibility but nothing is confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Hi Alex,

now that you had your Buddies from Hot Toys close to you.. did they whispered any news when the 1/4 Vader might go up for PO?

Besides.. congrats on a great show ! fantastic pieces you have there... Cant wait to see finished Rey !!!
Sorry, even with Hot Toys with use during SDCC doesn't mean they will share their solicitation plans with us. We'll know that piece is available for Pre-Order on the day they put up news about it. :-)

And thank you for the congrats! Glad you liked what was shown off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Hi Alex, so many fantastic pieces on show at sdcc this year and that's why I want to know what is your favourite flavour of ice cream ?
Pistachio
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #5112
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Alex

Another year, another Comic-Con, another no show for Star Wars Legends in PF scale =(

Was anything brought up this year for fan favorites like Mara Jade, Starkiller, or Revan? Grand Admiral Thrawn was just revealed as an official "in cannon" character with season 3 of Rebels coming up. Did he at least get talked about?

Thanks as always!
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #5113
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Thanks for answering all those questions Alex! Really happy with Sideshow's showing at SDCC this year!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #5114
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Alex. You are amazing. You work very hard on here and we all appreciate it
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #5115
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

Once we have a final shipping sample in house (which should arrive a month before it begins shipping to customers) we'll take new photos to send out to customers to see what has changed. I have seen an early sample and the change that occurred is the paint scheme to the construct part of his base. Hopefully people will like the new color scheme that's used.

At one time there was zero chance but there MIGHT be small possibility that a green variant could be seen in the future. The door was re-opened recently for that possibility but nothing is confirmed.

Hi Alex,thanks for answering my GL base question.

That's great news about Phoenix variant. Hopefully a white one too.

So, what was your favorite statue shown at SDCC?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #5116
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Alex. You are amazing. You work very hard on here and we all appreciate it
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:52 AM   #5117
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I'm interested if SS would get the Halloween license to make a Michael Myers from Halloween 1 (1978)? I know many people who would be interested in this. There is a huge following of Halloween fans that might even be larger than other horror movie figures which SS already has made or is currently making.

Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #5118
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

wow thanks Alex for all those answers !!!
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #5119
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Hi Alex,thanks for answering my GL base question.

That's great news about Phoenix variant. Hopefully a white one too.

So, what was your favorite statue shown at SDCC?
hmm, maybe ill hold off ordering the dark phoenix for now,, but even if theres a green variant, will they include both heads
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #5120
toty21
The Avengers

Hi Alex, do you know if this year you will have the same presence at the New York Comic Con? Thanks
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote